Dress blues needed by volunteer

Old August 17th 04, 06:50 PM
John Miller

Default Dress blues needed by volunteer

In retirement, I've begun playing Taps at veterans' funerals, under the
auspices of Bugles Across America (http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org).

Seeking a used set of Navy officer dress blues, coat size 44-46 and trousers
38-40.

Please note that my return email address will not work; the correct address
can be found in the sig (just needs a little deciphering).
--
John Miller, near Atlanta
LTJG, USNR

Man is by nature a political animal.
-Aristotle

Old August 17th 04, 07:36 PM
Larry

"John Miller" wrote in message
In retirement, I've begun playing Taps at veterans' funerals, under the
auspices of Bugles Across America (http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org).

Seeking a used set of Navy officer dress blues, coat size 44-46 and

trousers
38-40.

Please note that my return email address will not work; the correct

address
can be found in the sig (just needs a little deciphering).
--
John Miller, near Atlanta
LTJG, USNR
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Any Thrift Shops near the local base LT?

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Old August 17th 04, 07:50 PM
John Miller

Larry wrote:
Any Thrift Shops near the local base LT?

Hi, Larry --

In Atlanta, the pickings are pretty thin -- I did touch base with the PA
shop at NAS Atlanta for suggestions -- and a phone call to Brownsville Army
Navy in Pensacola also turned up zip. I am continuing to check eBay.

I understand that there may be some on-base thrifts in Pensacola, and that
may give me an excuse for a trip down there.

Thanks,
--
John Miller

Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
learned when to say yes, when to say no and when to say whoopee.
-W.S. Krabill

Old August 17th 04, 07:53 PM
Larry

Larry wrote:
Any Thrift Shops near the local base LT?

Hi, Larry --

In Atlanta, the pickings are pretty thin -- I did touch base with the PA
shop at NAS Atlanta for suggestions -- and a phone call to Brownsville

Army
Navy in Pensacola also turned up zip. I am continuing to check eBay.

I don't think I'd do ebay on this- you'll need to try them on for proper
fit.

I understand that there may be some on-base thrifts in Pensacola, and that
may give me an excuse for a trip down there.

That sounds like your best bet. Some are staffed by volunteers and have
limited hours- I'd call ahead first.

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
USN 'Retired'
20 years if gettin 'em off the pointy end
AND safely home again!

Old August 18th 04, 03:15 AM
Jake Donovan

You may want to have a copy or 2 of the NAS Pensacola newspaper forwarded to
you. The Gosport always has used uniforms for sale in the classified.

There is also a good sized Thrift Store on base. It is located in the old
Post Office.

Jake

Old August 18th 04, 04:12 AM
DB

If all else fails, you could also ask the NEX Uniform branch. I know the main building in Cheasapeake, VA has a large thrift section. I would call the 800 number and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Damian
AD1(AW), USN(Ret.)
"If it wont budge, force it! If it breaks, it had to be replaced anyway!"
Old August 18th 04, 05:18 AM
Mike Kanze

With all the entry-level officer training that happens in the Pensacola
area, availability of blues from a DOR or comparable situation would tend to
create a very elastic price curve compared to some other region, I would
think.

--
Mike Kanze

Pointy-Haired Boss: "How can you make good ideas sound so bad?"
Dilbert: "I'm an engineer."

- Dilbert, 12/11/03

Old August 18th 04, 05:28 AM
Jim Carriere

Mike Kanze wrote:
With all the entry-level officer training that happens in the Pensacola
area, availability of blues from a DOR or comparable situation would tend to
create a very elastic price curve compared to some other region, I would
think.

Yes, but... maybe not so much in that particular size. I don't
remember getting commissioned with too many guys wearing size 38-40
pants

(Strange though, how so many uniforms seem to slowly shrink and fit
tighter over a few years)

Old August 18th 04, 06:41 AM
Yofuri

How about NSCS Athens? They should have a Thrift Store and are within a
couple of hours of you. You might have to find stars to replace the
porkchops you pry off the sleeves, though.

Rick

Old August 18th 04, 02:22 PM
Pechs1

Jim- (Strange though, how so many uniforms seem to slowly shrink and fit
tighter over a few years) BRBR

No kiddin'!!

My Greens, Blues and Dress Khakis(yep I still have them)
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)