2-stroke diesel is the (near) future?

Old May 15th 05, 03:40 AM
Sport Pilot

LCT Paintball wrote:
Easy is not a factor. All things worth doing require effort. What

is
"cannot"?

Rich S.

Very good argument.

Only thing is that many things don't have to be perfect.

Old May 15th 05, 03:44 AM
Sport Pilot

Morgans wrote:
"LCT Paintball" wrote

For the record, I disagree with you. I cannot spell, but I'm no

idiot.
Some
people are good at math, others are athletic, and others can spell.

Just
because it's easy for you doesn't mean it is for others.

True, but _everyone_ can take the time to re-read their post, and

everyone
can learn basic rules, like their-there, to-too-two. By not doing

that,
people that can't spell _do_ look like morons.

They should run spell check if'in they know they have a speeling

problem,
also.
--
Jim in NC

HELLO! It's just the friggin usenet! Most of us don't even know who
we are talking too. Some of us have more important things to do, such
as correspondance on a 10 million dollor project. You bet that baby
gets proofread, spell checked, grammer checked, proofread, maybe ask a
co worker to proofread it, see what I missed, etc.

Old May 15th 05, 03:52 AM
Rich S.

"Sport Pilot" wrote in message
oups.com...

HELLO! It's just the friggin usenet! Most of us don't even know who
we are talking too. Some of us have more important things to do, such
as correspondance on a 10 million dollor project. You bet that baby
gets proofread, spell checked, grammer checked, proofread, maybe ask a
co worker to proofread it, see what I missed, etc.

You want fry's with dat?

Rich S.

Old May 15th 05, 03:52 AM
Sport Pilot

Don Stauffer wrote:
Sport Pilot wrote:

The Diesel is not an Otto cycle it is a completly differant cycle.

The
Diesel is a constant pressure cycle where the presure is constant
through the expansion phase.

I wouldn't say the ENTIRE expansion phase. That would not be that

great
for efficiency- sort of like a steam engine running with no cutoff.

And
if one injects fuel into the cylinder at the instant just before BDC,

that fuel would be pretty much wasted. I was under the impression

that
the cycle would look something like the steam (Rankine) cycle in that

the way Diesel envisoned it it would be either constant enthalpy or
constant pressure of part of the expansion phase, adiabatic during

the
rest. The point where it changed would correspond to what would be

the
throttle opening on a steam or SI engine. At full "throttle" the
changeover would be late in stroke, light load early in stroke.

Where did I say the entire expansion phase? Where did I say there was
a perfect Diesel cycle?

Old May 15th 05, 03:59 AM
Sport Pilot

Morgans wrote:
"Sport Pilot" wrote in message
oups.com...
So what I often transpose letters. I don't spend time proofreading
something as trivial as a usenet messsage.

Yur lak of ettension tu detale makes ti seam lik yu dounut giv a dam.

Ti si
knot heard too tack a secant adn pruff reed a poust.
--
Jim in NC

As long as I get 90% or so right, I really don't give a damn.

Old May 15th 05, 04:02 AM
Sport Pilot

karel wrote:
"ower" wrote in message

"Morgans" skrev i meddelandet

True, but _everyone_ can take the time to re-read their post, and
everyone
can learn basic rules, like their-there, to-too-two. By not doing

that,
people that can't spell _do_ look like morons.

They should run spell check if'in they know they have a speeling

problem,
also.
--
Jim in NC

So I am a moron if my spelling isnt correct?

I am afraid you did not take the full meaning of the msg.
It was not said that people who can't spell errorfree are morons.
Really not!
What was said is that people who have difficulties with spelling
(one such difficulty may be dyslexia) will _look like_ morons
if they don't take the trouble to correct for their weakness.

There's no blame in committing errors, who errs never?
But we should be humble about them
and hence try to avoid them
In this case, by proofreading our msgs
and correcting the errors we detect.

Karel (closer to SE than to US)

Sooo, why did you get so upset a few posts back there? Like my
misspelling of diesel was sooo important?

Old May 15th 05, 04:21 AM
Morgans

"Sport Pilot" wrote

Some of us have more important things to do, such
as correspondance on a 10 million dollor project.

Your attitude makes me wonder why you are in "only usenet." Nice of you to
come and play with us mortals.

Good luck. You will need it, an it won't be from me. Plonk
--
Jim in NC

Old May 15th 05, 04:42 AM
Smitty

In article .com,
"Sport Pilot" wrote:

HELLO! It's just the friggin usenet! Most of us don't even know who
we are talking too. Some of us have more important things to do, such
as correspondance on a 10 million dollor project. You bet that baby
gets proofread, spell checked, grammer checked, proofread, maybe ask a
co worker to proofread it, see what I missed, etc.

Hello? You mean "to," (a preposition and therefore a word with which you
ought not end a sentence, anyway) "correspondence," "dollar," and
"grammar?" I'm not picking on you, particularly, but the pervasive
ignorance of spelling, grammar, punctuation, homonyms, sentence
construction, ad infinitum, makes me ****ing sick. And it isn't just
usenet, it's everywhere, even in your ten million dollar report, because
your computer can't fix everything and your coworkers are as apathetic
as you are. We're becoming a nation of ignorant idiots. I think that's a
bad thing, and a dangerous one. If we knew as little about airplanes as
we did the English language, and flew them as carelessly as we write,
we'd all be dead by now.
Old May 15th 05, 01:14 PM
ower

"Morgans" skrev i meddelandet
Good luck. You will need it, an it won't be from me. Plonk

About spellig, an it won't. An? And?
Have a nice day Owe from SE