China 747 engine story

Old August 17th 06, 08:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default China 747 engine story

http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive...hp/t-3725.html

The following pictures prove the superior dispatchability
and survivability of the Boeing 747.

An Asian airline operator came into FRA (Frankfurt, Germany)
for an unscheduled refuelling stop. The reason became soon
apparent to the ground crew: The fan on the number 3 engine
didn't look so good. That had apparently been no problem for
the tough guys back in Asia: Get yourself some sturdy straps
and wrap them around fan blades and the structures behind,
thus stopping any windmilling and associated uncomfortable
vibration while in flight caused by the suboptimal fan. Off
you go into the wild blue yonder with another revenue-making
flight! If you get low on fuel, just set it down on at the
closest airport, FRA in this case.

But that's when the problem started: Those Germans are so
picky that they grounded the aircraft!

After that, the airline operator had to raise some money
(took about 10 days) to get the engine changed. The repair
contractor also decided to do some inspection work on the
other engines because none of them looked all that great
anymore. The result: A total of 3 engines were finally
changed on this airplane before it was allowed to fly again.

Hmmmmm

The pictures don't seem to still be on the server, but are
the three that I posted.

Old August 18th 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Erskine

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive...hp/t-3725.html

The following pictures prove the superior dispatchability
and survivability of the Boeing 747.

Take your political (anti-A380) crap to alt.politics. This
(alt.binaries.pictures.aviation) is a forum for posting beautiful pictures
of aircraft.

--
Alan Erskine

Old August 18th 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

"Alan Erskine" wrote in news:LM9Fg.13834$rP1.1669
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive...hp/t-3725.html

The following pictures prove the superior dispatchability
and survivability of the Boeing 747.

Take your political (anti-A380) crap to alt.politics. This
(alt.binaries.pictures.aviation) is a forum for posting beautiful pictures
of aircraft.

The pictures were requested by a member of RAP and the
story was a followup for explanation of the event.

How is that "political (anti-A380) crap"?

Besides, "beautiful" is a subjective term.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old August 18th 06, 07:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

What anti A380 stuff?

Old August 18th 06, 07:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote

Take your political (anti-A380) crap to alt.politics. This
(alt.binaries.pictures.aviation) is a forum for posting beautiful pictures
of aircraft.

I swear, this is loonies coming-out-of-the-woodwork day, or something!

Can't a person complement one design of a plane, without it being
anti-something else?

Man, take the anti Wright Brothers talk to another political forum, why
don't you!!!
--
Jim in NC

Old August 18th 06, 09:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Erskine

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
What anti A380 stuff?

Sorry. We've had half a dozen people come to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
claiming that the A-380 was nowhere near as good as the 787 et al. I saw
your post and it just made me.... SNAP! Deepest appologies.

--
Alan Erskine

Old August 18th 06, 11:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
-Alf Blume-

"Alan Erskine" skrev i en meddelelse
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
http://www.pprune.org/forums/archive...hp/t-3725.html

The following pictures prove the superior dispatchability
and survivability of the Boeing 747.

I spottet a bit of sarcasm in that sentence . . .

Take your political (anti-A380) crap to alt.politics. This
(alt.binaries.pictures.aviation) is a forum for posting beautiful pictures
of aircraft.

More sarcasm??

Old August 18th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

-Alf Blume- (a) wrote:

More sarcasm??

Never mind the sarcasm, I just wanna see the photos pout

Old August 18th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

First time I used alt.binaries.pictures.aviation because I
wanted a place to post those pictures for the poster who was
looking for them. Personally, it seems the pictures related
more to operator/crew procedures than to any airplane
design.

I think Beech builds better airplanes than Cessna, but that
is just because I've experience with each airplane. But if
I was buying an airplane for my personal use, I'd buy Beech,
but if I was buying an airplane to make revenue, I'd buy a
Cessna because they are cheaper.

I have unsubscribed to binaries.pictures.aviation because I
really don't care about looking at vacation pictures.

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message

Old August 18th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Shiver

Jim Macklin wrote:

I have unsubscribed to binaries.pictures.aviation because I
really don't care about looking at vacation pictures.

Well Jim if unsubscribing from the group is what you want to do just
because someone may or may not have posted some vacation pictures then
I guess the only thing to be said is don't let the door hit you on the
way out.

Personally I don't recall seeing any vacation pictures posted here but
if they were, I'm sure the group is mature enough to view some beer
belly standing by honey bunch in front of some statue waving to the
camera.

Goodbye Jim.