OLC

Old April 13th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC

The SSA has fixed the method to make a contribution to the OLC. Go to:
http://zme.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pa...696183-4320035

If you contribute, you will get a "smiley face" when you make a flight
claim. At this moment, very few of those who log their flights have a
smiley face before their name, and pilots need to give the small
financial support required to keep the OLC functioning.

Tom Knauff
Old April 13th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

There's a reason for seeing no smiley faces.
So far, smiley faces have not been given to USA contributors to the
OLC. I was one of the first to ask the OLC to provide a method of
contributing outside of Europe, and know half a dozen or so pilots who
have contributed using the method Hannes came up with (Amazon.com) and
have no smiley face.
Jim

....For example:

A message from Soaring Society of America - OLC:
We appreciate your OLC donation.
Donation balances over $7 are tax deductable. If you have donated
$250 or more please contact us at . The SSA needs your
name and address for federal tax purposes.
Thanks and good flying,
SSA-OLC Committee
A message from Amazon Honor System:
Thank you for making a payment using the Amazon Honor System.

Old April 13th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 13, 4:48 am, wrote:

If you contribute, you will get a "smiley face" when you make a flight
claim. At this moment, very few of those who log their flights have a
smiley face before their name, and pilots need to give the small
financial support required to keep the OLC functioning.

Tom Knauff

I asked Doug Haluza about this at the convention. If you contribute
through Amazon, forward a copy of your receipt to him and he will add
the smiley face.

The reason I delayed in mentioning this is that Doug said they were
having trouble with the e-mail alias forwarding properly
after the move to the new server. I'll allow Doug to comment on which
e-mail he'd like used at this time.

Frank Whiteley
Old April 14th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dixie Sierra

On Apr 13, 4:48 am, wrote:

If you contribute, you will get a "smiley face" when you make a flight
claim. At this moment, very few of those who log their flights have a
smiley face before their name, and pilots need to give the small
financial support required to keep the OLC functioning.

Tom Knauff

I asked Doug Haluza about this at the convention. *If you contribute
through Amazon, forward a copy of your receipt to him and he will add
the smiley face.

The reason I delayed in mentioning this is that Doug said they were
having trouble with the e-mail alias forwarding properly
after the move to the new server. *I'll allow Doug to comment on which
e-mail he'd like used at this time.

Frank Whiteley- Hide quoted text -

OLC needs help !!!
gladly paid my seven bucks
where's my smiley face ???

oops, wrong thread
really, I paid $25
It will be harder to get wide participation in voluntary donataions
without the smiley faces. peer pressure works.
Old April 14th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

I made a donation today. The site provided a link to a page that ask how
much I had donated and stated the "smiley face" would appear in a few days.
Are you stating that the "smiley face" page doesn't work?

Wayne
Six Foxtrot

Old April 15th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 13, 4:48 am, wrote:

[...]

Spoke with both Chip and Doug this evening. Be sure to follow the
link after the Amazon transaction to the 'smiley' page and complete
it.

If you missed that, I'd suggest going back to your Amazon account and
copy the information and paste it in an e-mail to . Chip
says they are receiving via that alias.

If you notice, the contributions are climbing, but there is a cost to
wire transfers, which will be done in batches apparently.

Frank Whiteley
Old April 15th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 13, 4:48 am, wrote:

[...]

Or forward your e-mail receipt from Amazon.

Frank
Old April 20th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Apr 13, 4:48 am, wrote:

[...]

1. The 'smileys' are there.
2. Note Jim Payne's 'real' smiley on top of the heap 4/19,
1794.64km. Lot of missing smileys on the US filter for the date.
3. The link is http://zme.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pa...454325-0478552

No excuses now, thanks Doug, Chip, and Reiner.

Frank Whiteley