pilots refuse to fly with gun loons onboard

Old December 31st 03, 04:48 PM
Ash Wyllie

Michael Nouak opined

"Richard Hertz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.net...
snip
Places that ban handguns usually experience higher rates of violent crime.

ROFLMFAO!!!

Mike

Take a careful look at the crime rates in France and England. Except for
murder they are higher than the US.

And the murder rate is going up...

-ash
for assistance dial MYCROFTXXX

Old December 31st 03, 05:21 PM
Kevin McCue

I'd prefer the flight w/o any guns. The trained law enforcement officers
frequently demonstrate less than decent aim when firing a weapon. Locally we
had a not to recent shooting., 42 LE rounds expended, perp was wounded and
taken to a hospital. Hate to think what would happen to the people sitting
in a line of sight along to either side of a hijacker. Hell even if the
hijacker had a gun the passengers could beat him to death before he could
get off enough rounds to do equivalent damage. Everyone assumes that the Air
Marshal won't miss!

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 31st 03, 05:22 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Cub Driver wrote:

It just does not work to make even more people carry guns in order to
protect them from potential terrorists.
What kind of logic is that?

There's only one kind of logic, and arming the police when the
criminals are armed certainly fits the framework.

Note that no one is "making" more people carry guns. The European
airlines can always detour around the continental U.S. It is up to
them whether they want to follow American regulations or not.

Do you also believe that if sky marshals had been a regular thing on
American airliners in 2001 that the 9/11 terrorists would have still
have tried to hijack those planes?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

I believe that the airlines' (and FAA's) policy of acquiescense to
hijackers' demands lies at the root of the 9/11 problem.

If there had been a policy of active resistance to hijackers, 9/11 would
never have happened, as the goons would never have gotten to the cockpit.

The first one who came through the door would have gotten a splitting
headache (via fire axe) and that would have been the end of that.
Old December 31st 03, 05:33 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message

I'd prefer the flight w/o any guns.

Oh, I think we all would. But given that a terrorist may get a weapon
aboard, would you prefer that he be the only one aboard with a gun?

Old December 31st 03, 05:37 PM
Kevin McCue

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?
If the threat is supposed to be an intercontinental flight hijacked and
crashed into Vegas enroute to LAX, Why is the Vegas airspace only closed to
GA and charters?

The alert seems to be another bunch of no common sense, knee jerk reactions

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 31st 03, 05:57 PM
Kevin McCue

Because the DHS said they are likely trained airline pilots. They would
be behind the door because they were incontrol of the flight since take off
as the crew.

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old December 31st 03, 06:01 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message

Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather deal
with the terrorist.

Then you are a fool.

Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

Why do you believe the DHS thinks terrorists are likely trained ATP's? How
could the terrorists become locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof
cockpit door?

Old December 31st 03, 06:09 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message

Because the DHS said they are likely trained airline pilots. They would
be behind the door because they were incontrol of the flight since take

off
as the crew.

The DHS said foreign air carriers are hiring or have hired terrorists? Why
don't they just alert the air carriers?

Old December 31st 03, 06:24 PM
Martin Hotze

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:21:30 -0700, Kevin McCue wrote:

Everyone assumes that the Air
Marshal won't miss!

yeah. or the terrorist sitting in one of the seats at the end of the plane
and having about 400 people between him and the guy (in the event he is
sitting in the front of the plane (or vice versa)

M (mashall): Mr terrorist, drop your gun!
T (terrorist): drop yours or I'll shoot this *pointing* guy!
M: no way!
T: *bammm* - drop it now? or I shoot this *pointing again* kid here!
M: nooooo!
T: *bamm*

what do you think? will the marshals all be little Rambos without a heart?

#m

--
harsh regulations in North Korea (read below link after reading the story):
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/04/open-mikulan.php
Old December 31st 03, 06:31 PM
Morton Davis

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message
Wanna bet your life that they wouldn't miss? I wouldn't. I'd rather

deal
with the terrorist.
Since the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity seems to think that the
terrorist are likely trained ATP's how will the Air Marshal stop them when
they are locked behind that now reinforced, bullet proof cockpit door?

Most ailiners don't have them yet.

If the threat is supposed to be an intercontinental flight hijacked

and
crashed into Vegas enroute to LAX, Why is the Vegas airspace only closed

GA and charters?

Ask Tom Ridge.

The alert seems to be another bunch of no common sense, knee jerk

reactions

Seems to be, but then, you don't have access to all the information, do you?

BTW: There's a new collision avoidance system coming that will make 9-11
type attacks harder. Won't keep them from blowing up a plane full of fuel
and raining fire on a target below though.

-*MORT*-