15 Seconds of Fame at CAP SAREX

Old June 16th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default 15 Seconds of Fame at CAP SAREX

I got my 15 seconds of fame as alloted by Andy Warhol last weekend at a Civl
Air Patrol Search and Rescue Exercise. Click on the video icon below the
photo of the two CAP cadets for the newsclip. Kevin Dunlevy

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=126827

Old June 16th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

("Kevin Dunlevy" wrote)
I got my 15 seconds of fame as alloted by Andy Warhol last weekend at a
Civl Air Patrol Search and Rescue Exercise. Click on the video icon below
the photo of the two CAP cadets for the newsclip.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=126827

Fun piece. Did you find the blue tarp?

I see CAP plane N1686E is a 172N
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...um_inquiry.asp

Is your outfit getting a (new) Cessna 182 with the G1000 glass cockpit?
http://investor.textron.com/newsroom/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=192422&category=Cessna

Montblack

Old June 16th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Kevin Dunlevy wrote:

I got my 15 seconds of fame as alloted by Andy Warhol

I think you mean you used up fifteen seconds out of your allotted,
as-per-Andy-Warhol fifteen minutes of fame.

Congratulations, nonetheless.

--
Peter
Old June 16th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Kevin Dunlevy wrote:

I got my 15 seconds of fame as alloted by Andy Warhol last weekend at a Civl
Air Patrol Search and Rescue Exercise. Click on the video icon below the
photo of the two CAP cadets for the newsclip. Kevin Dunlevy

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=126827

Congrats! It is nice to see some positive news coverage of general
aviation for a change.

Matt
Old June 16th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

We didn't find the blue tarp. We mostly worked on GPS training for the
Observer in the right seat. I'm pretty good with the GPS, so I often do
training for other pilots. I'm less able with the radio detection finding
for ELTs, which seems more of an art than a science. When I'm direction
finding for ELTs I often think about World War II movies in which the
Germans are shown using loop antennas on top of vans to do direction finding
on partisan transmitters or about photos of loop antennas for NDB navigation
on vintage aircraft. That technology hasn't changed much since WWII.

There is one glass cockpit 182 reasonably available to me. I hope to begin
my checkout in it soon. Other pilots tell me that except for take off and
landing, it is like flying a computer. I am curious about the application of
digital technology to flying, which seems largely an analog skill to me. KD

("Kevin Dunlevy" wrote)