Oudie DB9 pins to Powerflarm

Old August 25th 15, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Sorenson

Default Oudie DB9 pins to Powerflarm

I have a PowerFlarm Core, an Oudie-2 running SeeYou Mobile, and an LX
Flarmview. I would like to use both the Flarmview and the Oudie as displays
for the Powerflarm. The RJ 45 connector on the PowerFlarm is occupied by the
Flarmview. I would like to connect the Oudie into the DB9 plug on the
PowerFlarm. I have the serial/power cable that came with the Oudie. It has a
configurable RJ45-DB9 adapter. Can someone tell me which color wire from the
RJ45 end of the adapter is inserted into which pin hole on the DB9 end of
the adapter.
Thanks, Ken Sorenson

Old August 25th 15, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 4:29:14 PM UTC-7, Ken Sorenson wrote:
I have a PowerFlarm Core, an Oudie-2 running SeeYou Mobile, and an LX
Flarmview. I would like to use both the Flarmview and the Oudie as displays
for the Powerflarm. The RJ 45 connector on the PowerFlarm is occupied by the
Flarmview. I would like to connect the Oudie into the DB9 plug on the
PowerFlarm. I have the serial/power cable that came with the Oudie. It has a
configurable RJ45-DB9 adapter. Can someone tell me which color wire from the
RJ45 end of the adapter is inserted into which pin hole on the DB9 end of
the adapter.
Thanks, Ken Sorenson

Ken,

The Oudie Power converter will plug directly into the PowerFlarm RJ45.

The easiest is to make or purchase a cable to go from DB9 to Flarmview.

$22

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old August 25th 15, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Ken,

I agree that your solution below is the best option. I show how to
configure the RJ45 to DB-9m adapter on my web site he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...pter-RJ45-DB9m

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.