My Airplane Needs Diapers...

Old February 12th 05, 12:44 AM
Jon Kraus

Damn I missed 'em!! :-) Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Mooney 201 4443H

kage wrote:

Right next to the terry cloth towels at Costco, there air bags of yellow
"micro" fiber towels. That's what I use. Although, I used to use the terry
ones as well and they never scratched my windshield.

Karl

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message

When I was in the car painting business we used to use baby diapers for a
non lint, non scratching way of wiping down cars before and after
painting. They were awesome, reusable, soft rags... I was thinking that
they would be perfect for the airplanes plexiglass cleaning and a host of
other uses... I live in a fairly large city (Indianapolis) and for the
life of me can't find where I can purchase some diapers.

I see online some "Aircraft Wipes" (read medium sized diapers) for an
Un-Godly price... I was at Costco yesterday an bought a bundle of
terrycloth towels but am afraid to use them on the windshield... What do
you folks use? I'm am open to suggestions... Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Mooney 201 4443H

Old February 12th 05, 12:46 AM
Jon Kraus

I'll be a son-of-a-gun Jim... I swear I looked in the yellow pages and
didn't see them!! Thanks!!

JK

Jim Burns wrote:

Diaper King Club Inc
4011 Millersville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 924-2464
business profile | phonephone | map | save
Categories: Diapers & Diaper Services

Diaper King West
6539 Camarillo Court, Indianapolis, IN 46278
(317) 280-1031
phonephone | map | save
Categories: Diapers & Diaper Services

"Jim Burns" wrote in message

Look in the yellow pages. Call a diaper service, I'd bet they'd sell you
some.... maybe even some clean ones!
Jim

Old February 12th 05, 01:33 AM
Robbie S.

Jon,

Where do you fly out of in Indy ? I am flying out of Metro these days. I
did spend some time flying out of Greenwood as well....

....Robbie.

Old February 12th 05, 02:30 AM
George Patterson

Jon Kraus wrote:

When I was in the car painting business we used to use baby diapers for
a non lint, non scratching way of wiping down cars before and after
painting. They were awesome, reusable, soft rags... I was thinking that
they would be perfect for the airplanes plexiglass cleaning and a host
of other uses... I live in a fairly large city (Indianapolis) and for
the life of me can't find where I can purchase some diapers.

I bought mine at Home Depot. Can't remember what department they were in, but
they had 'em.

George Patterson
He who would distinguish what is true from what is false must have an
adequate understanding of truth and falsehood.
Old February 12th 05, 03:55 PM
Ron Natalie

I live in a fairly large city (Indianapolis) and for
the life of me can't find where I can purchase some diapers.

googling shows several places that will sell such via mail.

I actually use the costco white terry towels and the
"box of rags" from Home Depot (these are chopped up pieces of cotten cloth
seconds/off cuts).

Just make sure their clean and use a lot of water.
Old February 12th 05, 09:21 PM
Jon Kraus

I used to fly at Metro cuz it is close to my house ( 10 minutes). I got
my Private there... Then when I started my Instrument training they
jacked their prices up (AGAIN) and I started looking. I ended up out at
Indianapolis Executive (Terry) TYQ and I love it there!! I joined
Eagle Flyers and flew 172R's for $88.00 an hour instead of $115.00 at
Metro.

Now we have an open T-hanger for our Mooney for $145.00 a month (try
that at Metro). The people at both FBO's are really nice and I still use
Metro for Aviaonics work.. Ed is a nice guy... I also like Chris in the
Maintenance shop. Metro doesn't allow owner assisted annuals. I don't
like that... I have had good luck with the Maintenance shop at
Executive. It is handy to jsut call them up and have them go get your
plane and perform maintenance..

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Mooney 201 4443H

Old February 14th 05, 03:13 AM
Dennis

Am I the only one who uses Pledge furniture polish and terry cloth on my
windscreen? Gets the bugs off nicely and wow, what a shine! Seriously
though, everyone I know uses these..

Dennis
MyAirpane.com

Old February 14th 05, 02:10 PM

In reference to the question of diapers! They are great but, About 10
years ago an old timer gaive me this advice. Use Bounty
paper towels. NOTE: The Bounty towels
with 'MICROWAVE SAFE" on them. He
told me that they do not contain any metal
that would conflict with the microwave. I have used them exclusively
all this time with
WINDEX and am satisfied with the results.
Works for me!

Bill OParowski
N10SX
N101SX