Addon heli rating, does it require a written?

Old November 11th 03, 09:22 PM
Eric D

Default Addon heli rating, does it require a written?

If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
student would have to take?

Eric D

Old November 11th 03, 10:43 PM
Stevenatherton

of course you have to do a heli written
why would they have a different one for fixed wing otherwise
Old November 12th 03, 04:50 AM
Stu Fields

I got my helo add-on a couple of years ago. No written. However, I was
given 17 pages of questions that could be used in the oral...I might as well
have taken the written. There was navigation, weather (a bunch) airspace,
wt & balance.etc. etc.
Stu Fields
om...

Old November 12th 03, 09:21 PM
Charlie Weigandt

"Stu Fields" wrote in message ...
I got my helo add-on a couple of years ago. No written. However, I was
given 17 pages of questions that could be used in the oral...I might as well
have taken the written. There was navigation, weather (a bunch) airspace,
wt & balance.etc. etc.
Stu Fields
"Eric D" wrote in message
om...
If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
student would have to take?

Eric D

How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?

Old November 13th 03, 06:04 PM
Eric D

If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
student would have to take?

Eric D

How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?

Nope

Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?

Thanks,

Eric D
Old November 13th 03, 07:19 PM
Gig Giacona

"Eric D" wrote in message
om...
If you have a private pilot fixed wing license are you required to
take a written test of some type for adding helicopter rating? If
yes, what is the written and is it different then what a non-license
student would have to take?

Eric D

How about for comercial rw to comercial fw add-on?

Nope

Can someone reference where this is stated in the FAR's?

Thanks,

Eric D

I think it is 61.63 that covers it