Allergies & flying -- Part II

Old June 7th 04, 08:14 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Allergies & flying -- Part II

Whoever first recommended "Flonase" has earned themselves a FREE night in
one of our aviation theme suites!

We worked our booth at the "Fly Iowa" airshow both Saturday and Sunday. We
were outside, in the hot, dusty wind, on the edge of a thousand square miles
of hay and corn fields, from 7 AM until 5 PM both days.

As always, I packed an array of handkerchiefs, prepared to sneeze for the
duration. Before leaving home, however, I took a couple of shots of Mary's
Flonase up each nostril, and popped my usual Allegra.

....And *nothing* happened. I didn't sneeze, my eyes didn't water, and I
never ONCE took my hanky out of my pocket, in two days. I took a second
Allegra in mid-afternoon, and a second shot of Flonase around lunch time,
and had absolutely NO allergy symptoms.

Flonase rocks! Thanks again!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 7th 04, 10:35 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Whoever first recommended "Flonase" has earned themselves a FREE night in
one of our aviation theme suites!\

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't think I was first, but I did rebutt some of the nay-sayers, about
some of the characteristics, and advantages. I won't be in Iowa for some
time, so you can buy me a beer, instead. (when I bring the MOAG to OSH)
++++++++++++++++++++++++

We were outside, in the hot, dusty wind, on the edge of a thousand square

miles
of hay and corn fields, from 7 AM until 5 PM both days.

As always, I packed an array of handkerchiefs, prepared to sneeze for the
duration. Before leaving home, however, I took a couple of shots of

Mary's
Flonase up each nostril, and popped my usual Allegra.

...And *nothing* happened. I didn't sneeze, my eyes didn't water, and I
never ONCE took my hanky out of my pocket, in two days. I took a second
Allegra in mid-afternoon, and a second shot of Flonase around lunch time,
and had absolutely NO allergy symptoms.

Flonase rocks! Thanks again!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

You are lucky, if it worked that fast for you. For most, maximum effect
only takes place after about two weeks. I think you will find it gets even
better at that time. Also, two squirts up each side, once per day is all
that I am prescribed. You may want to check with your doctor about doing it
twice per day.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old June 7th 04, 10:39 PM
Jay Honeck

You are lucky, if it worked that fast for you. For most, maximum effect
only takes place after about two weeks. I think you will find it gets

even
better at that time. Also, two squirts up each side, once per day is all
that I am prescribed. You may want to check with your doctor about doing

it
twice per day.

Well, I suppose it's possible that I experienced a placebo effect.

It's unlikely, though, since I NEVER expect ANY medication to work, after 40
years of failure.

Whatever the case, it's the first time in my memory that I could spend so
much time out in the country, in summer, without sneezing.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 8th 04, 04:40 AM
Mike Adams

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Whoever first recommended "Flonase" has earned themselves a FREE night
in one of our aviation theme suites!

It might have been me, but we're still putting our summer plans together,
so not sure I'll be able to collect this summer.

I'm glad to hear it's working, but I agree with the other response, that
using it for only a single day may not have provided the benefit you
experienced. It usually takes a few days to build up its effect. I've been
evangelizing on these cortisone sprays since someone told me about them
several years ago. I used to get the worst seasonal allergies every spring,
and now start on it around the end of February and use it for a month or
two until everything burns off here in the desert. It's amazing.

Mike
Old June 8th 04, 04:44 PM
Cecil Chapman

It was me!

I win I win!!! Just kidding! :-)

Flonase answered all my needs and actually has allowed me to be clearer
(sinus-wise) than I'd EVER been. Good product AND the FAA is fine with it
too!!! Glad to hear the suggestion worked for you too!
--
=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old June 8th 04, 04:55 PM
Cecil Chapman

One quick caveat... be sure to taper the dosage per instruction once it's
effect is well-established......

As some of the others, who also suggested Flonase in their reply posts to
you, have discovered,,, Flonase really is a 'miracle' for those of us who
have dealt with nasal allergies most of our lives. An additional hint is to
logon to Flonase's website and you can get $5 'checks' to apply towards your
purchase of Flonase (they'll send you quite a few dated 'checks'). With my
medical plan, I normally pay $10 for my Flonase but with the check it only
costs me $5. They'll also send you free gifts like allergen pillow covers
(hell, it's free) and other 'useful' items for using the 'checks'. It's
called the "Allergy Rewards" program and you can find it at this URL:

http://www.allergyrewards.com/

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
. com...

Old June 8th 04, 05:34 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Whoever first recommended "Flonase" has earned themselves a FREE night in
one of our aviation theme suites!

I went back through the thread, and, as near as I can tell, Corky Scott is the winner
with a post at 13:43:43 GMT on 25 May.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 8th 04, 06:00 PM
Cecil Chapman

I went back through the thread, and, as near as I can tell, Corky Scott is
the winner
with a post at 13:43:43 GMT on 25 May.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Second that,,,, when I went back through the posts, Corky suggested it
first..

=-----

Old June 9th 04, 01:53 AM
Mike Adams

"Cecil Chapman" wrote:

I went back through the thread, and, as near as I can tell, Corky
Scott is

the winner
with a post at 13:43:43 GMT on 25 May.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Second that,,,, when I went back through the posts, Corky suggested it
first..

Yup, I thought it was me, but not according to Google!

Mike
Old June 9th 04, 03:49 PM
Jay Honeck

http://www.allergyrewards.com/