A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Home Built
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Spratt 103

Old April 21st 18, 08:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Spratt 103

I'm interested in building a Spratt 103, see www.spratt103.com. I like to hear from anyone with specific information about it's flight qualities, based on the actual experience of flying one or observing its flight.
About 200 plans have been sold world wide and as it isn't a 10 year build, surely some are now flying.
Old April 22nd 18, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott Perkins
external usenet poster

Default Spratt 103

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 3:50:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm interested in building a Spratt 103, see www.spratt103.com. I like to hear from anyone with specific information about it's flight qualities, based on the actual experience of flying one or observing its flight.
About 200 plans have been sold world wide and as it isn't a 10 year build, surely some are now flying.

I followed this design closely about ten years ago when it first became popular
and as far as I can remember the designer never actually finished the blueprints
and my belief is that a 2nd machine was never built and plans were never actually sold. I agree the photos were exciting way back then but I have never seen any evidence of real progress being made..... For that matter I am not sure we ever saw the 1st prototype fly either. All photos were on the ground at airshows etc.

I am curious why you say 200 plans have been sold as I am not aware of it
but if they were we need to hear from someone that owns a set to see actually
how complete and realistic they are.
Old August 26th 18, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Spratt 103

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 5:50:28 PM UTC+10, wrote:

Scott

My set of plans is no 139, they are comprehensive and I feel confident that I could build from them. If you go to the web site there are videos of it flying.

Graham
Old October 30th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Spratt 103

Il giorno sabato 21 aprile 2018 09:50:28 UTC+2, ha scritto:

The designer sued people that simply said they never see a Spratt103 flying and another people accusing him of having stolen a motor.
He lost all trials.
No Spratt103 is still fliyng in France.
No information on other Spratt103 eventually flying elsewere.
An unique Spratt103 flew in France and crashed, the builder-pilot died.
The designer immediately published on his site a self-defense article, criticising quite everything about the builder as he (the designer) had no responsability...
Still on line: https://spratt103.com/liens
Also on line this statement: "Really the simplest, the safest and the most economic of all aircraft* *Reasons of lies from some competitors and their complicit medias".
Competitors?
Other statement: "Due to its specificities, the Spratt 103 concept is protected by 5 patents with the INPI as well as by copyright in the 163 signatory states of the Bern Convention".
Asked about the 5 patents he couldn't specify which were.
Read this: https://spratt103.com/en/answers-questions
And finally, the red list of bad people... https://spratt103.com/listerouge

Can you trust the project?
gmn