Gransden regionals traces

Old September 5th 03, 09:16 AM
Martin Gregorie

Default Gransden regionals traces

I've just received the following from Richard Baker, who is the CGC
web master:

"After discussion with Ron Bridges of the Comps Committee, John
Glossop has decided that, since we did not ask all the competing
pilots if they were prepared to let their traces be included, that
they cannot be made generally available.

An individual pilot's logs will be supplied to her/him, by email, on
request to ."

HTH

Martin

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK

Old September 5th 03, 01:02 PM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

All the traces seem to be available on-line for both Lasham's comps.
Regionals and Nationals, for the 15m Nationals at Booker, and for the
inter-services Regionals at Bicester.

I wonder if all the pilots were asked?

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).

Remove "ic" to reply.
.. .

Old September 5th 03, 04:21 PM
tango4

I think the FAI states that traces are public property in an FAI sanctioned
comp. I find it highly amusing that some people are so protective about
letting their traces out. Ahhh the ecentric Brits! Next thing you know
they'll think they can play cricket.

88/2 (21.4 ov ) chasing 484 2 tests to 1 down :-)

Ian

Of course I'll have to shut up when the Rugby gets going. The Lions are
looking good this year!

Old September 5th 03, 11:16 PM
Tim Newport-Peace

In article , tango4
writes
I think the FAI states that traces are public property in an FAI sanctioned
comp.

But the Gransden Regionals are not a FAI sanctioned comp!

I find it highly amusing that some people are so protective about
letting their traces out.

If you want to play our game, you have to do it by our rules.

In the 'Notes for Competition Directors 2003' it is written:

"The Director must establish that a competitor has no objection to the
release of their Flight Recorder evidence before distributing any copies
of it. It is recommended that this be explained prior to the start of
the competition and announced at the first briefing. Any competitor's
request to the organisers to restrict the release of their evidence must
be respected. After the final competition results have been produced,
all data from competitors requiring confidentiality must be deleted."

As it seems that Gransden were unable to ensure that no pilot objects to
their data being published, and so quite correctly did not publish.

For the Lasham Nationals/Regionals this was indeed asked at first
briefing. No one came forward by nonetheless, no 'potentially
embarrassing' data was published.

It might be better if the Rule Book stated that "If any competitor has
any objection to the release of their Flight Recorder evidence they
should make their objection know to the Director. No 'potentially
embarrassing' data should be published".

First briefings are a lot to contend with and this would prevent the
problem experienced by Gransden.

Of course I'll have to shut up when the Rugby gets going. The Lions are
looking good this year!

Would that be The Lion at Whipsnade?

Tim Newport-Peace

"May you be cursed with a chronic anxiety about the weather."

John Burroughs (1837-1921).
Old September 8th 03, 12:37 PM
Tim

"tango4" s comments read:
letting their traces out. Ahhh the ecentric Brits! Next thing you know
they'll think they can play cricket.

88/2 (21.4 ov ) chasing 484 2 tests to 1 down :-)

Of course I'll have to shut up when the Rugby gets going. The Lions are
looking good this year!

Why wait until then ???

Monday, 8 September, 2003, 10:45 GMT 11:45 UK

Latest: England 5-0, need 106 more runs to win
--
Tim - ASW20CL "20"
Old September 8th 03, 05:48 PM
Tim

Martin Gregorie s comments read:

I've just received the following from Richard Baker, who is the CGC
web master:

"After discussion with Ron Bridges of the Comps Committee, John
Glossop has decided that, since we did not ask all the competing
pilots if they were prepared to let their traces be included, that
they cannot be made generally available.

An individual pilot's logs will be supplied to her/him, by email, on
request to ."

I am a little disappointed not to be able to find out "How they done
it" Although I would add that it is the only issue (very minor)
from an otherwise superbly run competition.
--
Tim - ASW20CL "20"