Travolta Private Pilot???

Old March 15th 04, 12:40 AM
Mike Weller

Default Travolta Private Pilot???

If you look at the pilot registry, he's a private pilot. Duh? Qantas
Captain?

Mike Weller

Old March 15th 04, 01:27 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Mike Weller said:
If you look at the pilot registry, he's a private pilot. Duh? Qantas
Captain?

Besides a private pilot license, instrument rating and appropriate type
ratings, what else does he need? You don't need a commercial license or
ATP if you don't fly other people for hire, do you?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Fly the airplane, then work the problem"
Old March 15th 04, 08:42 PM
Theorem

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Mike Weller said:

If you look at the pilot registry, he's a private pilot. Duh? Qantas
Captain?

Besides a private pilot license, instrument rating and appropriate type
ratings, what else does he need? You don't need a commercial license or
ATP if you don't fly other people for hire, do you?

No, you don't, especially when it's one of your personal airplanes.

I heard John bought that 707 from Qantas. I'll bet it's fun to drive.
Old March 15th 04, 08:52 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Theorem wrote:

I heard John bought that 707 from Qantas. I'll bet it's fun to drive.

GOOGLE is your friend......

Here is just one return

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/...124267,00.html
Old March 16th 04, 03:41 AM
Bill

I was in Bermuda this past June and John's plane was at the airport parked
off in a corner. It's number was something like 707JT. Doors were all open
and there was laudry hanging from one of them..
Just another one of us guys !
BILL Heybruck

s.com...

Old March 16th 04, 02:57 PM
Eric Rood

Paul Tomblin wrote:

Besides a private pilot license, instrument rating and appropriate type
ratings, what else does he need? You don't need a commercial license or
ATP if you don't fly other people for hire, do you?

Type rating; over 12,500 lbs and turbojet

Old March 16th 04, 04:47 PM
Robert Moore

Eric Rood wrote

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Besides a private pilot license, instrument rating and appropriate type
ratings, what else does he need? You don't need a commercial license or
ATP if you don't fly other people for hire, do you?

Type rating; over 12,500 lbs and turbojet

Yep!, that's just what Paul said.

Bob Moore
Old March 17th 04, 02:55 AM
Mike Weller

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:27:44 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

Besides a private pilot license, instrument rating and appropriate type
ratings, what else does he need?

Nothing. Except for the private pilot certificate, he does not need
any thing execpt a current medical to act as a co-pilot. He would
have to have a Flight Engineer's cert to sit at the sideways table in
the 707, but real pilots don' do that.

You don't need a commercial license or
ATP if you don't fly other people for hire, do you?

Nothing more, but don't you need a B707 type rating?

Nah! If you can afford the 707, a few more dollars with get it
equiped with a rated pilot.

More power to him. Here's the search find with one question - What
does the P/ mean on the type ratings?:

DOI : 09/04/2003
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s):

PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings
P/CE-500 P/G-1159 P/HS-125 P/LR-JET

Limits
CE-500 (VFR ONLY).

Ah, well, I can only like the man. Anyone who can dance like that has
to be a first rate stick and rudder flyer.

Mike Weller

Old March 17th 04, 07:09 AM
Dale

In article m,
Mike Weller wrote:

More power to him. Here's the search find with one question - What
does the P/ mean on the type ratings?:

The P is for Private Privileges, C is for Commercial and A is for ATP.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old March 17th 04, 02:22 PM
Saryon

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:41:27 -0500, "Bill" wrote:

I was in Bermuda this past June and John's plane was at the airport parked
off in a corner. It's number was something like 707JT. Doors were all open
and there was laudry hanging from one of them..
Just another one of us guys !

"He's flying his pants, Al!"