Flight to Florida -- The Cure for Winter

Old April 1st 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WJRFlyBoy

Default Flight to Florida -- The Cure for Winter

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:00:43 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Yes I have a 496 with XM. I use it for IFR flight.

So please tell me which XM Data display you use to ensure you maintain
VFR conditions?

(Hint: There is none.)

Precisely. Thank you for making my point.

Here, Jay, you get to use My Little Trick Pony picture. You won it by
getting Dan The Trick Pony to play your game.

http://tinyurl.com/2fxzee
Old April 1st 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WJRFlyBoy

Default XM and VFR/ IMC

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:04:58 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote:

On Apr 1, 10:33 am, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:36:23 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Of course. I haven't got into tearing this one up yet. So many k00ks...

Bertie

Give it your best shot, Bertie.

He doesn't need to -- the more you post the more you are exposed,
fakeFlyBoy.

Thank you, My Little Trick Pony. Up, up and away we go!

http://tinyurl.com/2emark
Old April 1st 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:36:23 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Of course. I haven't got into tearing this one up yet. So many k00ks...

Bertie

Give it your best shot, Bertie.

OK, if you say so fjukktard.

But I warn you, the piddling around I do here doesn't even come close to
reflecting my best work.

Bertie
Old April 1st 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote in
:

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:04:58 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote:

On Apr 1, 10:33 am, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 02:36:23 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Of course. I haven't got into tearing this one up yet. So many
k00ks...

Bertie

Give it your best shot, Bertie.

He doesn't need to -- the more you post the more you are exposed,
fakeFlyBoy.

Thank you, My Little Trick Pony. Up, up and away we go!

BTW, the "I'm making you dance" thing is the oldest k00k trick in the
book. Please start getting your ass in gear or this thing if you really
want to do it. IKYABWAI posts and crap trying to insist that I'm your
beatch will amuse me for a short time, but I expect you to get straight
to some major k00kouts PDQ. I haven't paid to much attention to you yet,
because you seem relatively boring, but with my help, I expect big
things from you.

Bertie

Old April 1st 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alein.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.test,free.usenet
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Killfile Jay Honeck

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Just like everything else in your head.

Dammit, Maxwell, I appreciate you're going to bat for me -- but will
you quit responding to this Bertie dude?

Trolls are there only raise the hackles on you back. Kill files are
the perfect solution, and many of us wouldn't even know that this twit
was still in the group EXCEPT for the fact that his drivel is visible
*inside* your responses.

I know it's tempting to take a swing at such an easy target, but try
sitting on you hands whenever you see his kind of twitter. We'll all
be better off.

Boy was I right about you.

Bertie
Old April 1st 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:LtpIj.47925$TT4.18590
@attbi_s22:

Yes I have a 496 with XM. I use it for IFR flight.

So please tell me which XM Data display you use to ensure you maintain
VFR conditions?

(Hint: There is none.)

Precisely. Thank you for making my point.

Wow! Now tha's some fast backpedaling.

Bertie

Old April 1st 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Like GPS, XM weather is undoubtedly great, but it's an aid rather
than a necessity.

Absolutely right. Heck, I know a guy who went coast to coast last
year without ever turning a radio. Everything beyond wings and an
engine is just fluff, in his world.

But if you want to do multi-day cross-country flights regularly, with
confidence, it's hard to beat XM in the cockpit. It simply paints a
big picture of what's ahead in-flight, and that can't be had in any
other way.

Bull****. Complete and utter twaddle. You are an ignoramous.

Bertie

Old April 1st 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-01, Dan wrote:
The XM weather issue is a big deal to me -- more and more are flying
XC with this gear without having any clue of the limitations -- and
the manufacturers/service providers are certainly not going to educate
the ignorant on the product's weaknesses.

Every pilot should consider ALL data with skepticism -- whether it's
from FSS, Center, XM, or StormScope.

I don't think Jay was advocating this at all. What he was advocating was
adding it to the VFR pilot's toolkit, and I see nothing at all wrong with
that.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old April 1st 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-04-01, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
Appreciate the effort and have enjoyed your description of your flight
down my way.

Wrong Jay. He's got an airplane; I don't, yet.