2 die in Lawrence county INDIANA

Old March 6th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default 2 die in Lawrence county INDIANA

("Morgans" wrote)
If it was his estranged wife, as the report said, and depending on custody
arrangements, it would be considered a kidnapping, if the mother had
custody at the time.

Granted, that's the current jargon, I simply disagree with the inference -
that a father can kidnap his own daughter.

Much like calling someone "verbally abusive" or "emotionally abusive" kind
of gloms onto a word that used to mean something a little more specific.
Those terms (for example) have an inflated potency (in court say) because of
what "abuse" really means.

Getting back to the nut-job murdering SOB!

I'll do Dr. Jack K one better, and maybe land myself a gig on cable TV's
"Dirty Jobs."

If you feel like you need to go out in a blaze of glory (while also making a
statement) my company will arrange it for you. You choose from one of our
five (FREE) package deals. Again, all at no cost to you!

The only requirement is ...DO NOT include your sweet little daughter in some
pitiful quest for finality. No airplanes either!

Montblack
No medicals required!

Old March 6th 07, 11:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim[_3_]

Bob Clough wrote:
Jim wrote:

c-150 crashed into house Man and 8 year old daughter Possible
suicide flight http://www.wishtv.com/

If that's what happened, it's not called suicide...it's murder.

Sad, sad, sad...

I was told he only had 1 supervised solo
I know for a fact the house is only about 100 yards from end of runway

Mighty close to be buzzing and wasnt cleared to solo without supervision
Old March 6th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Montblack wrote:
("Marco Leon" wrote)
Yeah, they could have been buzzing the house but how many guys kidnap
their own daughter to go sightseeing in a rental?

Not to be pick nits, but I don't believe you can kidnap your own daughter.

Words mean something ...and kidnap means something else, in my book.

If you don't have legal custody you can...

Matt
Old March 6th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 6, 4:24 am, Jim wrote:
Bob Clough wrote:
Jim wrote:

c-150 crashed into house Man and 8 year old daughter Possible
suicide flight http://www.wishtv.com/

If that's what happened, it's not called suicide...it's murder.

Sad, sad, sad...

I was told he only had 1 supervised solo
I know for a fact the house is only about 100 yards from end of runway

Mighty close to be buzzing and wasnt cleared to solo without supervision

This guy clearly had his short field landings down pat... Too bad he
took out the little girl and a good plane in the
process.................

Old March 6th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Montblack" wrote

The only requirement is ...DO NOT include your sweet little daughter in
some pitiful quest for finality. No airplanes either!

Montblack
No medicals required!

On the subject of medicals, I have to wonder if this guy had been on
anti-depressants, if he and his daughter would still be alive.

Medicals obviously don't catch mental problems, do they?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 6th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

I missed the suspicious items in the story. I must have either skimmed it,
read an early version, or read an abbreviated version.

Anyway, it makes more sense now. From my original perspective, it looked
like the speculators were getting way ahead of themselves.

Well, Kyle, no one here will ever blame you for assuming that the media has
a tendancy to jump to conclusions!

Besides, the details were not in most of the overview articles.

Marco

Old March 6th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Proctor

Morgans wrote:
"Montblack" wrote

The only requirement is ...DO NOT include your sweet little daughter in
some pitiful quest for finality. No airplanes either!

Montblack
No medicals required!

On the subject of medicals, I have to wonder if this guy had been on
anti-depressants, if he and his daughter would still be alive.

Medicals obviously don't catch mental problems, do they?

If he soloed in a 150 he would have had to pass a medical.
Old March 6th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Guy Elden Jr

On Mar 5, 9:37 pm, Jim wrote:
c-150 crashed into house Man and 8 year old daughter Possible suicide
flight http://www.wishtv.com/

*sigh* ... wonder how long before the ex-wife sues Cessna for
manufacturing a "deadly" airplane.

Old March 6th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Morgans" wrote in message
On the subject of medicals, I have to wonder if this guy had been on
anti-depressants, if he and his daughter would still be alive.

Medicals obviously don't catch mental problems, do they?

I don't believe they test for it so they rely on what you answer on the
form.

Marco

Old March 6th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Guy Elden Jr" wrote in message
oups.com...

*sigh* ... wonder how long before the ex-wife sues Cessna for
manufacturing a "deadly" airplane.

Something tells me it's the same amount of time it takes for a lawyer to
track down her phone number and dial it.