Can I still get "Bad day for JFK ground Controller"?

Old October 16th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Can I still get "Bad day for JFK ground Controller"?

Last March, there was a discussion about a bad day for a JFK ground
controller, who was super busy. The audio was impressive and funny to
hear.

I found the postings, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a copy
of the clip or a link?
I'd appreciate it, Thanks.

Here is the original posting:

Larry Dighera
I received the following from a friend: Here is a funny episode
with a JFK ground controller and numerous aircraft taxiing on the
ground. Ground control at busy airports like JFK is the busiest
and most complex position in the tower. There can be a hundred
different taxi ways and most of them are crossing runways or very
close to it. One wrong turn by an aircraft can lead to disaster
or just a nightmare like this sound clip: http://home.online.no/~chainly/JFKGround.mp3
So you can follow the action, there is an airport diagram available
he http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0703/00610AD.PDF
More options Mar 16, 9:20 am
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting

Old October 16th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
sheamon

This is a great recording. Here is a link you can use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUWyR9rTI9E

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting

Old October 16th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I found the postings, but the link is gone. Does anyone have a copy
of the clip or a link?
I'd appreciate it, Thanks.

No problem. Here it is:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...-JFKGround.mp3

You can listen to others like it, and view 400+ aviation videos, on
our website. See/hear them he

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 16th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

wrote in message
oups.com...

Last March, there was a discussion about a bad day for a JFK ground
controller, who was super busy. The audio was impressive and funny to
hear.

Holy cow. That's insane!

-c

Old October 17th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 16, 7:48 am, "Gatt" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Last March, there was a discussion about a bad day for a JFK ground
controller, who was super busy. The audio was impressive and funny to
hear.

Holy cow. That's insane!

-c

Got it! Thanks to all who replied.

Old October 18th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bush

The worst scenario at JFK was always the 7:30 Sunday "Whale Walk"
where we would get buried in 747's going across the pond and some
Hodgie airline would make a locked-wheel turn after missing a taxiway
and cause a pavement failure.

Late one August night we were trying to depart on our last leg,
weather was 0/0, rvr was 1200, and 600, midfield rvr was inop
and we were to follow a Pakastany 74 from the IAB to 31L
who lost his way around 22R. I'm sorry I lost sight of the initial
aircraft and continued to the departure runway I told the controller.

Have a great one!

Bush

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting

Old October 18th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Bush wrote in
:

The worst scenario at JFK was always the 7:30 Sunday "Whale Walk"
where we would get buried in 747's going across the pond and some
Hodgie airline would make a locked-wheel turn after missing a taxiway
and cause a pavement failure.

Late one August night we were trying to depart on our last leg,
weather was 0/0, rvr was 1200, and 600, midfield rvr was inop
and we were to follow a Pakastany 74 from the IAB to 31L
who lost his way around 22R. I'm sorry I lost sight of the initial
aircraft and continued to the departure runway I told the controller.

Hey, good story.

Does it have a point?

Bertie
Old October 19th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bush

Obviously Bertie does not live or have a house in Fog Country. The
point is that 1) Things appear mighty different in foggy conditions on
the ground and 2) never rely on the preceding aircraft to show you the
right way were you dropped on your head or something?

Have a great one!

Bush

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:49:45 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Bush wrote in
:

Old October 19th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Bush wrote in
:

Obviously Bertie does not live or have a house in Fog Country.

You have no proof of that.

The
point is that 1) Things appear mighty different in foggy conditions on
the ground and 2) never rely on the preceding aircraft to show you the
right way were you dropped on your head or something?

Yeah, it's all clear now. Thanks for setting me straight there, Cluthc
cargo.

Bertie

Have a great one!

Bush

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:49:45 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Bush wrote in
m:

The worst scenario at JFK was always the 7:30 Sunday "Whale Walk"
where we would get buried in 747's going across the pond and some
Hodgie airline would make a locked-wheel turn after missing a

taxiway
and cause a pavement failure.

Late one August night we were trying to depart on our last leg,
weather was 0/0, rvr was 1200, and 600, midfield rvr was inop
and we were to follow a Pakastany 74 from the IAB to 31L
who lost his way around 22R. I'm sorry I lost sight of the initial
aircraft and continued to the departure runway I told the

controller.

Hey, good story.

Does it have a point?

Bertie

V-22 Osprey "ground effect" question Robert Naval Aviation 6 January 2nd 07 03:44 PM
Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
"From the Ground Up" AJ Piloting 0 August 12th 06 09:34 PM