Chicago area soaring november ?

Old October 11th 04, 10:27 PM
Marc Till

Default Chicago area soaring november ?

I'll be staying in Chicago from Nov 5th to 8th (including the week-end).

Is there any chance of soarable weather or would it be the same as
northern Europe ?

If yes, could anyone recommend a place where I could take a ride in a
two-seater (I have a valid French license but I don't want to spend any
time in paperwork). I'll have a car.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

--
Marc TILL
Orsay, France

Old October 11th 04, 10:44 PM
Chris Gadsby

I paid a visit to Wisconsin last year about that sort of time (from the
UK) and made contact with the Wisconsin Soaring Society
(http://www.wss.org) who are located about 20m NW Milwaukee. They were
just derigging for the winter so no flying. So I'm guessing you might
be unlucky.....

Regards

Chris Gadsby

Old October 12th 04, 02:54 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I live a 1/2 day's drive to the Northwest of Chicago in Minneapolis, MN.
There will not be much lift at that time of the year but the local clubs may
(or may not) be doing instruction at that time. It all depends on the
amount of snow cover. Sometimes we get lots of snow by then but not
usually. Below is links to a site with information about Chicago area
soaring clubs.
http://aerotow.evl.uic.edu/

It's too bad you're leaving on the 8th. On the 9th I'm the featured speaker
at a meeting of the Chicagoland Glider Council. I'm giving a quick overview
of the vario and flight recorder and flight computer markets. You'd be
welcome to join us of course.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com