Miscellaneous AirVenture Comments

Old May 6th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

Default Miscellaneous AirVenture Comments

The Little French Girl will likely be transferring from Boston to
Chicago in the next couple of months. Because she has passed her one
year probation, she will have a regular schedule and get vacation time.
There is the possiblity that she may show up at the RAP Party this year.

I am in the process of acquiring some prosumer audio and video gear for
a research project. Depending on how how my kids summer schedules go, I
may bring the gear to AirVenture and record the scenes each day I am
there. With the purchase of a Honda generator to power and recharge all
the batteries, I could conceivable edit the material and upload a daily
5-10 minute video podcast for those RAP'ers who are unable to attend.
Especially interesting would be a RAP Party Special Edition!
Lots of potential outtakes for before and after interviews.
(Jay & Javier, we need to talk about bandwidth on your server.)
Old May 6th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

The Little French Girl will likely be transferring from Boston to
Chicago in the next couple of months. Because she has passed her one
year probation, she will have a regular schedule and get vacation time.
There is the possiblity that she may show up at the RAP Party this year.

Always a plus!

Especially interesting would be a RAP Party Special Edition!
Lots of potential outtakes for before and after interviews.
(Jay & Javier, we need to talk about bandwidth on your server.)

Well, according to Jav, there is virtually no limit. I suppose that
may be some exaggeration on his part, but I've sent gigabytes of video
files to his server, withtout a burp.

The real question is: Will any of the many (usually) anonymous
posters want video of their party escapades on the internet?
:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 6th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
The real question is: Will any of the many (usually) anonymous
posters want video of their party escapades on the internet?
:-)

Anything posted to r.a.p. will have a "clean" tag.
Remember, I said there could be "out-takes". Some might also call them
"bloopers". Those would be found on a special, post-AirVenture DVD to be
made available to members. Or, for a price, not made available,
depending on the offer. ;-)
Old May 6th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("john smith" wrote)
The Little French Girl...
There is the possiblity that she may show up at the RAP Party this year.

Oui! Oui!

MonBlac

Old May 6th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

john smith wrote:
The Little French Girl will likely be transferring from Boston to
Chicago in the next couple of months. Because she has passed her one
year probation, she will have a regular schedule and get vacation time.
There is the possiblity that she may show up at the RAP Party this year.

Hm...motivation to attend.

I could conceivable edit the material and upload a daily
5-10 minute video podcast for those RAP'ers who are unable to attend.
Especially interesting would be a RAP Party Special Edition!
Lots of potential outtakes for before and after interviews.

Motivation *not* to attend!

Old May 6th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Blanche wrote:
I could conceivable edit the material and upload a daily
5-10 minute video podcast for those RAP'ers who are unable to attend.
Especially interesting would be a RAP Party Special Edition!
Lots of potential outtakes for before and after interviews.

Motivation *not* to attend!

Keep in mind that what I would be recording would be things like:
- interesting and unusual aircraft on the field
- airshow highlights
- interviews
- campers and campsites
- flymarket finds

And I would have the RAP'ers around the MOAC to assist me with each
day's editing.
Old May 7th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("john smith" wrote)
And I would have the RAP'ers around the MOAC to assist me with each day's
editing.

Getting a Crane shot for Christmas:

http://www.sctvguide.ca/programs/larue.htm
LaRue By Night - Street Beef: Commerciality in Christmas

And the next link...

http://www.sctvguide.ca/episodes/sctv_s42.htm#Show_7
"LaRue's set up the camera and microphone himself, and gives a classic
rambling monologue about how he had to beg for every crane shot he ever got,
before passing out. He is awakened by Santa, who's brought him a crane.
(music is 'Zadok the Priest' by Handel)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_shot
"The television comedy SCTV uses the very concept of the crane shot as
comedic material. After using a crane shot in one of the first NBC produced
episodes, the network complained about the exorbitant cost of renting the
crane. SCTV writers responded by making the "crane shot" a ubiquitous symbol
of production excess while also lampooning network executives who care
nothing about artistic vision and everything for the bottom line. At the end
of the second season, an inebriated Johnny LaRue is given his very own crane
by Santa Claus, implying he would be able to have a crane shot whenever he
wanted it."

Mont-fade-to-black
"I've always wanted to direct"

Old May 8th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

john smith wrote:

And I would have the RAP'ers around the MOAC to assist me with each
day's editing.

MOAC? No no no...it's PMC for the cooler, MOAG for Jim in NC's alleged
grill. Unless MontBlack achieves PMC 2007, there can be no other name
than PMC...but we know what you meant :-)

Hmmm, video editing by a bunch of us after consuming contents of said
cooler. Yeah, that could produce some quality video!

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old May 8th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Unless MontBlack achieves PMC 2007, there can be no other name than
PMC...but we know what you meant :-)

That's 2(.)007

PMC 2.0 was a coat of white paint (primer) on the original 2005 (green
treated) PMC 1.0

PMC 2.5 will be the designation of any future cooler able to hold 2.5
cases - ala Mooney's system. g

This year's model will be PMC 2.007

Then there's 2008's PMC 3.0 :-)

Montblack

Old May 8th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Jack Allison wrote:

Hmmm, video editing by a bunch of us after consuming contents of said
cooler. Yeah, that could produce some quality video!

It also means the same video will get funnier as the evening passes.