Cool Video...

Old November 28th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cool Video...

Some people were having trouble connecting to my video, problem is
fixed now...

Download the video at: http://www.flynik.com/HHJuniors05.wmv

Remember that this is 5 min longer than the original version
(Draft.wmv)...

If you have any problems please tell me...

-Nik

Old November 28th 05, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nik,

What type of camera did you use? How did you mount it on the
wings/fuselage/towplane? What effect on the glider's
performance/handling did it have? I would like to make some soaring
videos myself. Thanks for any input. No problems downloading!
Justin Rizor

Old November 28th 05, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nice job, I enjoyed the video on this cold, rainy, winter day.

GKemp

Old November 28th 05, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ok on the wingmounted shots I used a JVC mini dv camera, I used 3 inch
wide tape installed from the trailing edge going up to the leading
edge, which made it pretty aerodynamicall, I didn't feel any big
performance looses or noted any different flying characteristics, but
then again those were schweizer aircraft which aren't exactly high
performance...
For the fuseshots we just taped a small digital camera to the
horizontal stabilizer...

Hope that helps...
-Nik

Old November 29th 05, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nik,

Congrats on your excellent video. We as a sport need much more of this
sort of thing. This video relates the sport to the younger generations
in a way that we can really identify with. I'm just a little older
than you guys, but I'm used to being the youngest guy around the
airport. The video allows a glimpse into how much fun the sport is,
and may inspire more of our contemporaries to put down thier video game
controllers at least long enough to put forth the effort to learn
enough about soaring to really see how much fun it is.This video should
be distributed to every High School and College that has any connection
with, or is anywhere near a gliderport. I'll look for next years
videos. Please post more if you have them, and let us know if you'll
ever be in the Reno/Minden area. We'll catch a few flights. Keep up
the good work.

Chris

Old November 29th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Nik,

I really enjoyed the video as well!!!!

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

oups.com...

Old November 29th 05, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello Chris thanks for the comments...
The next video is coming out on Saturday (Yes this Saturday) IF
Thursday the ridge will be working ;-)
I'll plan to be in minden over spring break...
-Nik

Old November 29th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nik:

Excellent video, thank you for making it, but there's only one error:
it ends with "The End" where I expected it to say "The Beginning".

I look forward to the next one!

~ted/2NO

Old November 29th 05, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tape? What was your what was your highest airspeed? I've wanted to do
this too but I never would have tried tape. Glad it worked for you.
Very enjoyable to watch.