VIDEO: Land your aircraft on top of a car and bounce right off....

Old January 14th 05, 01:55 PM
Richard Russell

Default VIDEO: Land your aircraft on top of a car and bounce right off....

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:27:06 +1030, "Ric"
wrote:

"zatatime" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:18:54 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

If you want to impress people by flying your aircraft as low as possible
over a fast driving car, you better know what you are doing. The Belgian
guy
in this video must have misjudged the situation and hit the car before
he
bounced to the ground. Final result: A dented roof and a bruised
ego.....

What in the world was he trying to do?

I can't believe he didn't cue (queue?) his prop.

I can't believe he didn't total the airplane and end up on his back!
That was truly impressive (from a Dawin awards point of view).

What amazed me was the side forces imposed on the landing gear, especially
the wheels and tyres and they held up without failing.

Ric

That's what caught my attention. It looked lke the right gear was
going up in flames but the tire didn't even deflate (as near as I
could tell).
Rich Russell
Old January 14th 05, 02:37 PM

A tyre can take some serious abuse.
When I was a bit younger and a lot more stupid I drove around with
slightly deflated front tyres.
Then round a corner at very high speed, the rim of the wheel scrapped
the asphalt without blowing the tyre but a lot of sparks.
Really cool to see in the dark.

It looks that the nose wheel was a bit mis-aligned after the plane had
stopped.

-Kees

Old January 14th 05, 09:44 PM
g n p

Not me, either!!
Owner, TB-9 Tampico Club, SX-ADE
Man, this has really renewed my respect for her (my French mistress)!!
G. Paleologopoulos

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message

If you look closely as the sparks are flying from the right main, you can
also see sparks from the prop hitting the rw. Que-tipped indeed.

Damn! Tampico mains are strong! Who'd of guessed?

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America