Florida Mil Comms; Tico Warbird Acft

Old March 15th 04, 07:49 AM
AllanStern

Default Florida Mil Comms; Tico Warbird Acft

Patrick AFB Area Log - Sunday, 14 March 2004

Comms were heard from various acrobatic acft at the Tico Airshow;
the air-air cueing was heard on 127.775. Also snagged comms from several of
the airshow acft returning home after the show.
Snoopy Blimp pilot has long chat with Patrick Tower.

NAVY EW 95C: Prob P-3C
9:50am: Area transition, southbound.
[133.475, 132.15]

HERC 83: C-130
9:55am: Departs Patrick (had arrived here Friday morning).
[133.75, 132.65, 124.8]

YAWL (?) 51
11:50am: Area transition.
[291.7 Jax Ctr @ Gainesville Hi-alt]

GERMAN NAVY 4739: Brequet BR.1150 Atlantic
2:40pm; Lands Patrick AFB.
Photo: 052MVC-743, 744]
Acft is twin-engine, with MAD boom on tail, like USN P-3; is used for
submarine patrols and ELINT.

GHOST 65
2:55pm; Cruising at FL 200.
[317.6 Jax Ctr @ Lowell]

2E 803: T-34C, Whiting Field TW-5
4:35pm: Area transition.
[132.65]

NORTH AMERICAN 392W: T-28B Trojan Warbird #138134, Marco Island FL
4:45pm: RTB after appearance at Tico Warbird Airshow.
[124.8]
We hope that Mike got a picture of this.

N57XX: L-39C. Aero Vodochody, Jet Fighters Intl, Pompano Beach FL
5:03pm; RTB after appearance at Tico Warbird Airshow.
[132.65]

N560VL: A-60, Snoopy Blimp.
10:38pm; Returns to Orlando from an event; chats with Patrick Tower.
[133.75]

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
 Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Facility (KX68)
 Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (KXMR)
 JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
 Worldwide Military HF Communications
 Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
 http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/m...age/index.html (My Freqs)
 http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)

Old March 16th 04, 05:47 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
(AllanStern) wrote:

PatricAFB Area Log - Sunday, 14 March 2004

Commwere heard from various acrobatic acft at the Tico

Airshow;
thair-air cueing was heard on 127.775. Also snagged comms from several

of
thairshow acft returning home after the show.
Snoopy Blimpilot has long chat with Patrick Tower.

I saw a really nice sight yesterday, as some of my neighbors returned
from TICO.

The 5 Marchetti Mavericks (SF-260s) were formed in a Vee, with Gene Mc
Neely in his T-6 in the slot (all nice and tight). They overflew Spruce
Creek and formed echelon right. They did a beautiful fan break as they
came overhead and broke to downwind for landing.

Would that be Spruce Creek, as in the fly-in community? Interesting place,
what with the hangars in place of garages for some of the homes, and the
signs warning of taxiing aircraft on the streets. The in-laws live there
(albeit they are non-flyers, except when he is behind the wheel on the
highway...).

Brooks

Yup -- rumor has it that, if you have lived at Spruce Creek and die and
go to heaven -- it is just a lateral transfer. Actually, we have only
two combination roadway/taxiways: Cessna Blvd and Lindy Loop -- all the
others are separate (either taxiway or roadway). It really keeps things
simple. My hangar is separate from my garage, although it also has a
driveway and garage door.

I know all the people involved (one time I rode with them for a flyover)
-- my neighbor across the street is one of the Mavericks and is also a
national board member od the AF Assn. He is a pretty good guy ans has
been very active with Wright Flight -- a program for encouraging
positive leadership values in Middle School kids.
Old March 16th 04, 02:49 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in

message

news
In article ,
(AllanStern) wrote:

[...]

Small world. I was down there for Christmas a couple of months back.

Brooks