Towing with a TDI

Old February 20th 15, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Default Towing with a TDI

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:17:14 AM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 9:23:42 PM UTC-6, vontresc wrote:
Still don't understand why one must use a full size truck to tow anything
;-)

Pete

I know someone that towed his glider with his Honda CRX. Routinely at 80 MPH. Yes, the trailer weighed more than the car. And as I recall, the trailer did not have brakes.

Would that have been GFB?
Old February 20th 15, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 10:28:34 PM UTC-6, WB wrote:
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:17:14 AM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
I know someone that towed his glider with his Honda CRX. Routinely at 80 MPH. Yes, the trailer weighed more than the car. And as I recall, the trailer did not have brakes.

Would that have been GFB?

Nope. A friend from Houston. Contest number on the glider was F1. An HP-18.

Old February 21st 15, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 7:41:05 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
This is fun!

What was it caused NASA to miss the target on Mars?* Did some
programmer use metric when he should have used "the other system" or
vice versa?* (km vs miles or meters vs feet)

On 2/19/2015 4:30 PM,
wrote:

On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 2:34:40 PM UTC-6, Tony wrote:

Two kinds of countries.

Those who went to the moon

Those who use Metric.

'murica

Tony,

Sorry to be pounding this topic (I'm actually off topic) but this made my day:
http://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-US...feet-and-miles
This makes sense. When shooting at the enemy (preferably from a safe distance) you want to make sure all parties to your 'coalition' use the same measurements.

Maybe 'Murica is getting religion after all!

--

Dan Marotta

Regarding metric I simply look at the issue as ...what is my brain naturally trained to think in?....Why do I want to add one more factor (conversion) to my thought process while flying? and the famous finish.......What's in it for me?

The answers are

English
I don't
Nothing

Dennis

Towing with a VW [email protected] Soaring 15 December 7th 07 08:20 AM
Air to ground towing 2 - after some R&R Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 3 June 10th 07 08:22 PM
Towing to the airport drano Home Built 3 August 25th 06 06:17 PM
Towing Roger Fowler Soaring 6 August 11th 05 04:25 AM
FAA says towing ULV's is OK? ken ward Soaring 4 September 30th 04 03:12 AM