K2 vs. StarkPower LiFePo4 batteries

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 4th 15, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default K2 vs. StarkPower LiFePo4 batteries

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 3:50:28 PM UTC-8, Dave Springford wrote:
I'll preface my remarks with the statement that I sell K2 batteries.

The K2's are made in the USA, not Chinese knock-offs. K2 pays a fee to the patent holder while the knock-off's do not. K2 has also had their batteries UL certified and listed.

These items account for some of the price difference.

The K2 also have a higher Watt-hour rating at 123 vs 115 for the Stark and the K2 are rated for 25 amp continuous discharge vs 15 for the Stark. The K2's also have a better temperature range.

In my opinion, the K2 is a superior product and is worth the extra cost.

I sell K2 batteries with the protection module for $150 US and chargers for $30 US and will have some on hand at the Seniors at Seminole Lake. For any one interested in purchasing a K2, contact me at the address below.

Dave Springford
dave at foxonecorp dot com

I don't believe anyone is building cells in North America for the consumer market. These are all coming from China. It makes no sense at all to build the BMS boards here either. So as a point of differentiation between vendors, there is nothing in it.

LiFePO4 Batteries vontresc Soaring 56 June 27th 14 07:25 PM
Experience with StarkPower LIFEPo4 Batteries? Papa3[_2_] Soaring 15 May 7th 13 07:17 PM
LiFePO4 battery technolocy [email protected] Soaring 9 October 17th 12 10:05 PM
LiFePO4 batteries JS Soaring 26 October 15th 12 02:51 PM
LiFePO4 battery ASM Soaring 4 December 6th 11 07:00 PM