First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

Old February 16th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

Viperdoc writes:

Maybe they know it's you and they blocked your address?

It happens on every other computer I've tried, too.

Are they cowards or smart?

Cowards. Like most Americans these days.

Old February 16th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

Do you know what DNS stands for? It's Domain Name Server. In other
words, it is a server at your ISP that translates nemonic web addresses
into IP addresses. For example, you type http://www.dnsexample.com into
your address bar and the DNS translates that into something like
192.34.76.2. So if you are getting DNS errors the DNS at your ISP is
defective or not getting updates correctly from the network.

No. I run my own DNS nameserver, and it does not query the ISP's server (the
ISP's server is unreliable). If it cannot find a domain it will go all the
way back to the root servers, like most nameservers.

Old February 16th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

Again I make my same point...it only seems YOU can't see it for whatever
reason. I doubt cowardice on the Air Force's part has anything to do
with it.

Mxsmanic wrote:

Scott writes:

What is YOUR reasoning that the USAF is made up of cowards?

They're afraid to let people see their Web sites.

Old February 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

Who's computer is it then? Maybe they need to have it checked.

Mxsmanic wrote:

Scott writes:

Bull! Someone else in a non-U.S. country said they were able to see the
USAF site with no problem. Check to be sure it's not YOUR computer
before making accusations against the USAF that appear unwarranted.

It's not my computer.

Old February 16th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

Good one. How many French are in any sort of armed conflict (right or
wrong) around the world? I wouldn't consider anyone in the military as
being a coward, U.S. or otherwise. Watch the news sometime...or don't
they offer those channels in France?

Old February 16th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

So where do you get updates on domain names from? Without that, your
packets should go to some default server somewhere. Maybe the problem
lies with THAT server, wherever it is. Do you have a router running on
your system with any sort of firewall? Like I said before, take a trip
to your local library or internet cafe and check to see if you can get
to the site from there. So far, it doesn't sound like you've done any
outside troubleshooting. All you say is "It ain't my stuff that's bad."

So until you do, most here won't take your complaint too seriously
(myself included)...

Old February 16th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

Again I make my same point...it only seems YOU can't see it for whatever
reason. I doubt cowardice on the Air Force's part has anything to do
with it.

The Air Force seems to be blocking the traffic. They are afraid to let people
see their Web sites. The other branches of the military don't seem to have
this fear.

Old February 16th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

Who's computer is it then? Maybe they need to have it checked.

I meant that the problem is not at my end.

Old February 16th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Scott writes:

Good one.

I don't consider a loss of civil liberties due to cowardice to be good.

How many French are in any sort of armed conflict (right or
wrong) around the world?

I don't know. How is that relevant?

I wouldn't consider anyone in the military as being a coward, U.S.
or otherwise.

I was talking about the civilian population.

Old February 16th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_1_]

I'm not sure you're getting what I'm saying...maybe losing it in the
translation somewhere. I can get Army, Marines, Navy AND Air Force
sites. None are blocked here. Others in countries outside of the U.S.
can get the Air Force site. Why are you the only one that has chimed in
and said it can't be seen?