Shakespeare Throttle Friction Lock

Old October 18th 03, 12:02 AM
Larry Smith

Default Shakespeare Throttle Friction Lock

The A&P next door said to use some plumber's packing in it. It won't lock
any more because that little squishy grommet died, so he said pack it with
that plumber's packing and it will lock when you screw it down. Anybody
ever tried this? I'll let you know how it works.

This A&P (with inspection authorization) is one whiz of a mechanic and moves
'em in and out -- lotsa big twins like 310's and Nevergos -- so fast it will
make you dizzy. I saw him take a mag apart and put it back together, and he
did it so fast it was a blur.

Otherwise, all's fair and serene (and bustling too with leaf-lookers and the
famished coming to eat at the cafe) at Li'l Slice O' Heaven Airfield,
Ruhfuhdton, NC. We have a new sod field there too, but please don't bring
anything in with crappy-looking wheelpants or otherwise butt-ugly. Ratty
looking Cubs excepted. Our latest thrill was a covey of Thorpes, which left
in formation and did a fast fly-by.

Old October 18th 03, 02:50 AM
Barnyard BOb --

"Larry Smith" wrote:

The A&P next door said to use some plumber's packing in it. It won't lock
any more because that little squishy grommet died, so he said pack it with
that plumber's packing and it will lock when you screw it down. Anybody
ever tried this? I'll let you know how it works.

Hmmmm.

Got an STC for this or are you going to
try this in a butt ugly hoe-made plane?

Barnyard BOb --50 years of fright

Old October 18th 03, 02:36 PM
Larry Smith

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

"Larry Smith" wrote:

The A&P next door said to use some plumber's packing in it. It won't

lock
any more because that little squishy grommet died, so he said pack it

with
that plumber's packing and it will lock when you screw it down. Anybody
ever tried this? I'll let you know how it works.

Hmmmm.

Got an STC for this or are you going to
try this in a butt ugly hoe-made plane?

Barnyard BOb --50 years of fright

That's what HE uses in certiffs. I'm going to try it, but what came out is
a dead little cone-shaped piece of rubber. Can't say what it's used in;
that'd be telling. And Little John might tattle.

Old November 8th 03, 03:01 PM
Peter Dohm

OK,
If no one elso wants to ask; then I will:

Why not just buy another "little squishy grommet" from the nearest
Super Awsome Emporium of Little Squisy Grommets and O-Rings??? ;-)

Peter

--
Regency Realty Services, Inc.
Peter Dohm, Broker-Associate