Kermit info (UK)

Old September 23rd 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Kermit info (UK)

I'm tidying up my logs would like infomation on the T21 known as
Kermit that was at Challock (Kent, UK) in 1978.

Was the correct designation for this glider T21, T21B, other?

Also curious to know if it still flying.

thanks

Andy

Old September 23rd 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Sep 23, 8:21*am, Andy wrote:
I'm tidying up my logs would like infomation on the T21 known as
Kermit that was at Challock (Kent, UK) in 1978.

Was the correct designation for this glider T21, T21B, other?

Also curious to know if it still flying.

thanks

Andy

Although I've flown a couple of these, I never realized the British
tradition of naming them - quoted from the Lasham web site:

"There seems to have been a tradition along the years of naming T21s.
At one time, Lasham had Daisy, Fanny, Rudolph and Min. Min (apparently
a cartoon character of the 50s, and, before you ask, yes I'm too young
to remember) was the glider that was built by the boys of Leighton
Park School. Other famously named T21s flying today are Bluebell,
Snoopy, Lucy and Daisy (not the original Lasham one, however). Snoopy
is owned by a massive Talgarth syndicate and regularly spends many
hours over the Winter ridge soaring amongst the Black Mountains while
Cambridge-based Bluebell, who celebrated her 50th birthday with a
party last year, is often to be seen soaring over the flatter East
Anglian countryside."

No word of Kermit in this article, but maybe one of the existing
syndicates will be able to fill you in.

Mike
Old September 24th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Isn't the B the production version?
Jeff Byard's T-21 in Tehachapi is affectionately known as "The
Rhonmoose" and was always a hit on New Years Day for the Open Cockpit
Regatta.
Sadly, it's down for restoration.
I think they stole the look of the T-21 for the Batmobile. The black
nose with twin windscreens....
Batman and Robin could be "photoshopped" into a T-21, with a blur of
scenery passing by at 40MPH.
Min was a character in the 1950s "Goon Show" (Peter Sellers, Spike
Milligan, Harry Secombe, Michael Bentine, et al) which set the stage
for all sorts of lunacy such as "Monty Python's Flying Circus" and of
course influenced my personal modus operandi.
http://www.thegoonshow.net/pics_list.asp?type=cartoon
Min is in the middle.
Jim

info sierra Soaring 3 January 2nd 07 03:24 AM
Info please ASM Soaring 7 October 21st 06 02:41 PM
More info about LEX JohnWayne Instrument Flight Rules 15 September 3rd 06 05:23 PM
POSA Carb Info and HAPI Engine Info Bill Home Built 0 March 8th 04 08:23 PM
Starting new info site need info from the pros MRQB Piloting 7 January 5th 04 03:20 AM