Avgas in France has reached $7.50/gal !

Old April 15th 05, 08:35 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:3oG7e.15692$Bb3.7756@attbi_s22...
Frankly, I think pretty much most people are stupid.

And you say *I'm* offensive? What hypocrisy!

I said it was. I'll be the first to agree I'm not perfect.

[...]
And I would much prefer to interact with someone who can make a point
without resorting to personal attacks, rather than with a pompous,
sanctimonious old wind sock.

Sorry you feel that way. IMHO, you were due for a personal attack. I'm
sick and tired of seeing your self-centered, insulting, narrow-minded
statements here. I think I've been quite restrained, and having vented a
bit, I will continue to be restrained.

Can you say the same?

Pete

Old April 15th 05, 08:50 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Both times I was admitted to the ER with a collapsed lung, they made sure
they had my insurance information before I was treated.

Given your general attitude and treatment of others, I am not surprised.

Really? And what is my general attitude and treatment of others? Very few
people get the kind of raking over the coals you got. Just because you're
being a jerk and getting the "general attitude and treatment" you deserve,
don't mistake that for the "general attitude and treatment" the rest of the
world gets from me.

[...]
You clearly have no concept of how the medical system in America works.
If you are indigent (which, by most definitions, includes "homeless
people") you pay NOTHING for health treatment in America.

I'll show your post to the folks trying to figure out how to get their
medical expenses covered. I'm sure it will make them feel MUCH better.

Pete

Old April 15th 05, 10:38 AM

Hmmm, I think about migrating to France.
$9.80/USgallon overhere at the moment.

-Kees, The Netherlands

P.S. No money left to start a revolution.

Old April 15th 05, 11:44 AM
Dylan Smith

In article fvg7e.11984$GJ.11256@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck wrote:
Americans. For some odd reason, the French just go "Se la vie" and shrug
their shoulders.

It's "C'est la vie" - and if you think that, you don't know the French
well at all. They are famous for shutting down the country if they don't
get what they want. French people generally are also fairly left-wing;
they aren't US Republicans.

I only feel bad for the common men who gaze skyward, fruitlessly. What a
shame.

Generally, they don't. They just fly planes that burn less fuel.

Why must so many threads in this NG turn into vitriolic political rants?

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old April 15th 05, 12:31 PM

They also shut the country down during lunch time ;-)
Good idea by the way.

-Kees

Old April 15th 05, 02:17 PM
Jay Honeck

Hmmm, I think about migrating to France.
$9.80/USgallon overhere at the moment.

Yikes! I hope you have wonderful, um, whatever, for all that money.

Sorry to hear that, Kees.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 15th 05, 02:18 PM
Bob Fry

"Jay Honeck" writes:

They've got the government they deserve.

Ladieees and gentlemen, straight from http://www.whitehouse.gov, the
Government You've Got! If you live in the USA, that is. And you
deserve it!

Q -- really understand how is it the new plan is going to fix that
problem?

THE PRESIDENT: Because the -- all which is on the table begins to
address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate,
for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon
wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the
formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those
different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with
personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more
likely to be -- or closer delivered to what has been promised.

Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a
series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are
calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the
increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the
benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage
increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that
were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast
the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it
will help on the red.

Okay, better? I'll keep working on it.
Old April 15th 05, 02:36 PM
Jay Honeck

It's "C'est la vie" - and if you think that, you don't know the French
well at all. They are famous for shutting down the country if they don't
get what they want.

So, to sum up, what you're saying is that the French people simply don't
value general aviation enough not to tax it out of existence?

I only feel bad for the common men who gaze skyward, fruitlessly. What
shame.

Generally, they don't. They just fly planes that burn less fuel.

They would have to fly a plane that burned less than half the gas of a
Cessna 152 for French students to be on even keel with their American
counterparts. I'm not sure I know of any certified trainers that burn just
2 - 4 gallons per hour?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 15th 05, 03:02 PM

In most countries flying is for the rich people.
The ones who fly here were rich ones.

To be honest, a short hop over the border saves about $2/gallon. My
little plane just burns 4.7 gallon/hour. I can live with that.

Have a nice weekend,
Kees

Old April 15th 05, 03:04 PM
Mike Rapoport

"G Farris" wrote in message
It's amazing how prejudices and misinformation fly.

I read an article by a French guy - supposed to be a world-famous
scholar -
about cultural differences between French and Americans. He said (I
paraphrase) "France is basically an agricultural society, so French
understand
that it can't rain every day, and that a good year is likely to be
followed by
a poorer year, hence their conservatism - Americans slaughtered the
Indians
and that explains everything you need to know about them".

I like this guy..whoever he is.

Mike
MU-2

Soaring near Paris, France (Not Texas :-) [email protected] Soaring 17 November 13th 04 06:39 PM
News from France HECTOP Piloting 12 April 1st 04 01:16 AM
Russia joins France and Germany captain! Military Aviation 12 September 9th 03 09:56 AM
France Bans the Term 'E-Mail' bsh Military Aviation 38 July 26th 03 03:18 PM
"France downplays jet swap with Russia" Mike Military Aviation 8 July 21st 03 05:46 AM