Flying Club Billing

Old January 13th 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying Club Billing

I am part of a very small flying club that shares the cost and
ownership of an aircraft.

We've been handling the billing for flights and such for a number of
years with simple versions of quickbooks and its, well, just ok at
handling this. Not particularly well suited, but cheap. Unfortunately
a bit cumbersome and could probably do more if I wanted to become a
quickbooks guru (which I really would prefer not to).

Is there anything inexpensive out there that does a great job of
keeping track of invoices, fuel reimbursements, credits for expenses
and electronic (email) billing?

I am trying not to make a career out of billing for the club (my
contribution) so I thought I would ask.

Thanks
Old January 14th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
~^ beancounter ~^

" Not particularly well suited, but cheap " yes....and cost
is a big part of assessing software and billing systems...you want
cheap, paid for, and soething that gets the job done...see if you
can get the little bugs fixed using quickbooks, excel, and maybe
access.......Use the tools you alreadu have b4 looking to
spend addt'l $$ to shop, install, train on new systems...I can't think
of situations where you shouldn't be able to fix small stiff....run a
craigslist ad for a high school kid to assist amd a low hrly rate if
needed...I have seen 5-10m sized companies run fine on quickbooks...

good luck !!
richard
colorado
c172 rg

Old January 14th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 12, 5:31*pm, wrote:
I am part of a very small flying club that shares the cost and
ownership of an aircraft.

We've been handling the billing for flights and such for a number of
years with simple versions of quickbooks and its, well, just ok at
handling this. Not particularly well suited, but cheap. Unfortunately
a bit cumbersome and could probably do more if I wanted to become a
quickbooks guru (which I really would prefer not to).

Is there anything inexpensive out there that does a great job of
keeping track of invoices, fuel reimbursements, credits for expenses
and electronic (email) billing?

I am trying not to make a career out of billing for the club (my
contribution) so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Most small business accounting software is updated every year. You can
buy the previous year's versions of programs like MS Money (business
edition) or Quick Books for small change especially if its the "South
African" edition. You'll likely never notice the difference. I use
pricegrabber.com but I"m sure there are others.

-robert

Van Nuys Flying Club Kellster Piloting 0 December 12th 06 01:15 AM
Tinker Flying Club Jester Piloting 2 March 10th 06 09:36 AM
SoCal Flying Club Kelly Bakst Piloting 0 September 13th 04 09:06 PM
Bad news for our flying club Paul Tomblin Piloting 29 May 27th 04 04:27 PM
flying club (was on r.a.p.) R.Hubbell Owning 3 February 3rd 04 03:09 AM