AOPA credit card --- WARNING.

Old November 25th 04, 11:43 PM
Matt Whiting

mike regish wrote:

Yeah. Like Bush has taken full responsibility for getting us into Iraq under
wrong and false pretenses. Wasn't HIS fault. It was bad intel. Yeah...that's
it...bad intel. That's the ticket.

Oh...wait...Bush isn't a liberal, is he?

Get back on your meds, Matt.

Better watch more news. Bush has taken full responsibility for being in
Iraq in a number of interviews. He was even asked if he'd do it again
knowing that the intel was wrong and he said yes. How much more
assumption of responsibility do you want?

Now do you have a legitimate example?

Matt

Old November 25th 04, 11:45 PM
Casey Wilson

rules mid-stream. Credit is credit - regardless what it is for. You guys
on your high moral horses about paying credit cards off every month do not
impress me (unless you have zero credit - no home, auto, commercial loans
at all).

Well, now that you mention it, I have no mortgage payments, own two
cars, a pickup and a jeep outright, don't owe the doctor or dentist any
money, and pay off all my credit cards at the end of the month. Oh yeah, I
put three kids of my four kids through college -- one elected to pass on the
opportunity. I got wise to the stupidity of paying exhorbitant interest
rates on loans and credit cards more than twenty years ago. It seems to have
rubbed off on my kids. None of them ever pay the "minimum balance due,"
although I will admit, one of them is paying a mortgage off.

Old November 25th 04, 11:48 PM
Mike V.

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message Nothing in
my post warranted your response. I'll put it this way, if
you don't like what they offer, close your account. MBNA isn't holding a
gun to your head. Sheesh!

Casey, you obviously don't understand liberals. They feel that they
shouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions, but rather be
protected and looked after by the government.

Fiscal responsibility? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off... such words are
a total riot coming from a so-called conservative.
Conservatives/Republicans/Bush are the very last people on this planet who
could talk about fiscal responsibility.

Conservatives drove us into ever increasing federal debt, oil prices through
the roof, the weakest dollar ever, growth in federal spending. And you want
to talk about taking responsibility. Yeah, right...

Old November 25th 04, 11:58 PM
Matt Whiting

Vaughn wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

Nobody is *forcing* you to buy what you can't currently afford, you know.

No, but the *******s sure do try to seduce you into the deficit spending
lifestyle, and they try to start us off early. Just go into any college dorm
lobby or study area and the place will be awash with credit card applications.
Guess who puts them there? Guess why?

Yep, just like everyone with something to sell, be it credit cards,
cars, beer or drugs (legal ones!). Pays to teach your kids
self-discipline very early on.

Matt

Old November 26th 04, 12:04 AM
Matt Whiting

Mike V. wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message Nothing in
my post warranted your response. I'll put it this way, if

you don't like what they offer, close your account. MBNA isn't holding a
gun to your head. Sheesh!

Casey, you obviously don't understand liberals. They feel that they
shouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions, but rather be
protected and looked after by the government.

Fiscal responsibility? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off... such words are
a total riot coming from a so-called conservative.
Conservatives/Republicans/Bush are the very last people on this planet who
could talk about fiscal responsibility.

I mostly agree with you here, believe it or not. The current
administration hasn't done a good job at all of fiscal management. You
won't get any argument from me there. Do you really believe that all
conservative Republicans agree with everything the current
administration is doing?

Conservatives drove us into ever increasing federal debt, oil prices through
the roof, the weakest dollar ever, growth in federal spending. And you want
to talk about taking responsibility. Yeah, right...

Not conservatives in general, just the one's currently in power. I
agree that things could have been handled much better, however, I also
know that had the Clinton administration been able to continue four more
years with the recession that started on his watch and the 9/11 attacks,
we'd likely be in much the same situation. We likely wouldn't have
spent as much money on the war on terror as Clinton wouldn't have had
the stomach for that. The unknown downside is that this passive
approach likely would have encouraged more 9/11 like attacks and the
cost of them would have been horrendous.

Matt

Old November 26th 04, 12:07 AM
Chris

mike regish wrote:

Yeah. Like Bush has taken full responsibility for getting us into Iraq
under wrong and false pretenses. Wasn't HIS fault. It was bad intel.
Yeah...that's it...bad intel. That's the ticket.

Oh...wait...Bush isn't a liberal, is he?

Get back on your meds, Matt.

Better watch more news. Bush has taken full responsibility for being in
Iraq in a number of interviews. He was even asked if he'd do it again
knowing that the intel was wrong and he said yes. How much more
assumption of responsibility do you want?

Now do you have a legitimate example?

That just proves he is stupid

Old November 26th 04, 12:19 AM
Capt.Doug

"RS" wrote in message Answer the question: Have fed rates gone up 4%?
No... Not even close. So there is no interest rate based justification for
such a rate hike.

The USA is a corporation. It is governed largely by corporate style law. You
and your name are considered a corporation. You signed your name to a
corporate instrument called a credit card agreement. No one forced you to
sign it. That's all the justification that is needed.

Instead of ranting about falling prey to your own signature in a nasty
negative post, how about spreading the word that people are accountable for
the documents they sign and therefore should be careful to read and
UNDERSTAND all the details involved before signing?

Most of the readers in this group are of average intelligence (some think
they're smarter :-)). They understand that credit card lenders draw suckers
in with low interest rates and then jack it up when the balances climb. If
you can't see the scheme, and you won't hold yourself personally accountable
for the agreement you signed, perhaps this is the wrong group for you.
Ranting about a lack of justification is falling on deaf ears.

D.

Old November 26th 04, 12:30 AM
mike regish

Taking responsibility for screwing up is what I'd like to see. Show me
where he's done that. Any idiot knows he's responsible for getting us there.
Saying that he'd screw up again is not exactly reassuring.

mike regish

Old November 26th 04, 12:52 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "mike regish" said:
Did you tell them that if they didn't show they would be responsible for
one night's payment.

Mike, that's why they call it "guaranteeing" the reservation. You risk
having to pay for a night you wont be there in return for the guarantee
that they won't give the room away if you're a little bit late arriving.
I don't know of a hotel in North America that doesn't operate that way.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"Wonder what diamonds do to lusers though."