Derek Piggott's first book

Old October 8th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Derek Piggott's first book

Speaking of Otto Lilienthal, I had the great fortune to meet Derek
Piggott at the FAI's opening conference last week, where he accepted
the FAI's Lilienthal Gliding Medal.

Since then I've been hunting around trying to find where I can buy a
copy of his first book, "Delta Papa: A Life of Flying". (Amazon has
some used copies but they are unreasonably expensive.) If anyone knows
where I can purchase a (preferably new) copy of this book please let
me know.

~ted/2NO

Old October 8th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Oct 8, 1:48*pm, Tuno wrote:
Speaking of Otto Lilienthal, I had the great fortune to meet Derek
Piggott at the FAI's opening conference last week, where he accepted
the FAI's Lilienthal Gliding Medal.

Since then I've been hunting around trying to find where I can buy a
copy of his first book, "Delta Papa: A Life of Flying". (Amazon has
some used copies but they are unreasonably expensive.) If anyone knows
where I can purchase a (preferably new) copy of this book please let
me know.

~ted/2NO

Did you try Bookfinder.com? I usually have pretty good luck with them

Peter
Ka-6Cr N4793T
Old October 9th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

I have a new copy or two for sale at Marfa, west Texas.
Autographed.

Contact me at

Burt

Old October 9th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark, \B6\

On Oct 8, 8:12*pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
I have a new copy or two for sale at Marfa, west Texas.
Autographed.

Contact me at

Burt

I have a copy, inscribed "To Fred,
With best wishes"
Signed by Derek Piggott
"Black Forest 15th Oct 1978"

Anyone have an idea who "Fred" was?

Asked Derek to re-autograph - he did "7th Feb 02"

Book is not for sale.
Old October 9th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Oct 8, 10:12*pm, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" wrote:
On Oct 8, 8:12*pm, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:

I have a new copy or two for sale at Marfa, west Texas.
Autographed.

Contact me at

Burt

I have a copy, inscribed "To Fred,
With best wishes"
Signed by Derek Piggott
"Black Forest 15th Oct 1978"

Anyone have an idea who "Fred" was?

Asked Derek to re-autograph - he did "7th Feb 02"

Book is not for sale.

Guessing either Fred Pool or Fred Daams. Fred Pool is an SSA member.
Fred Daams membership expired in 2007, but I believe I met him at the
USSSM's annual banquet in August. If that's him, he's a docent one
day per week at http://www.pwam.org/ and resides in Canon City, CO.

Frank Whiteley
Old October 9th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Oct 8, 11:53*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:

I have a copy, inscribed "To Fred,
With best wishes"
Signed by Derek Piggott
"Black Forest 15th Oct 1978"

Anyone have an idea who "Fred" was?

Maybe Fred Lidinsky???

Old October 9th 08, 09:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

I have a copy, inscribed "To Fred,
With best wishes"
Signed by Derek Piggott
"Black Forest 15th Oct 1978"
Anyone have an idea who "Fred" was?

Maybe Fred Lidinsky???

My guess is Fred Flintstone.
Old October 9th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 18:48 08 October 2008, Tuno wrote:

Since then I've been hunting around trying to find where I can buy a
copy of his first book, "Delta Papa: A Life of Flying". (Amazon has
some used copies but they are unreasonably expensive.) If anyone knows
where I can purchase a (preferably new) copy of this book please let
me know.

www.abebooks.com returns 9 results, starting at $17.80
plus shipping.

Jim Beckman

Old October 9th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

.... most of which are in the UK. The three in the USA are $50, $65,
and $100, plus shipping! I think Derek would be upset if I spent more
than the price of a tow ...

I've been in touch with Burt, he's going to sell me one of his.

2NO

Derek, Jeff,Jon, Jim, and Larry Jerry Wass Aviation Marketplace 0 September 4th 07 08:28 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: Rare Book - THE SKYCRAFT BOOK - 1932 Aviation Book - Vintage Aviation Phyllis Aviation Marketplace 0 June 27th 05 01:21 AM
FA: Rare Book - THE SKYCRAFT BOOK - 1932 Aviation Book - Vintage Aviation Hannah Aviation Marketplace 0 June 21st 05 02:45 AM
Derek Sear [email protected] Soaring 2 October 9th 04 10:12 AM
Author Derek Wood has died John Walker Military Aviation 2 July 16th 03 08:18 PM