WRECK AT IDYLLWILD

Old July 22nd 03, 09:15 PM
Vorsanger1

Default WRECK AT IDYLLWILD

The narrative of an accident at Idyllwild, CA was posted in r.a.s. yesterday
Monday. It told of a pilot who lost both wings in trees, but walked away
practically unhurt. The narrative also gave an e-mail address of where the
wreckage is stashed, as well as a page to submit bids on any salvageable parts.

QUESTION: does anyone still have this address, as well as the name of the
outfit where the wreck is located ?

Thanks, Charles
Old July 22nd 03, 10:11 PM
Bob Kuykendall

At 20:48 22 July 2003, Vorsanger1 wrote:

QUESTION: does anyone still have this address...

Yes:

http://www.aviation-salvage.com/N34LB.htm

Bob K.

Old July 23rd 03, 12:18 AM
mrw

If AIG is involved, cover your ass at all times.They are bad news. I'm one
of their sub-contractors. Scum bags all.

Old July 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
F.L. Whiteley

I'm more concerned about the Open Cirrus listed there WRT insurance. The
damage would not appear to require a write-off unless vastly underinsured.

Frank Whiteley

Old July 23rd 03, 07:43 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Frank Whiteley wrote:

I'm more concerned about the Open
Cirrus listed there WRT insurance.
The damage would not appear to
require a write-off unless vastly
underinsured.

I've got my bid in, as probably do a couple of the hard-core
Cirricians and the usual repair shops. So you needn't worry that it'll
go to waste.

Bob K.
Old July 24th 03, 04:23 AM
F.L. Whiteley

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
om...
Earlier, Frank Whiteley wrote:

I'm more concerned about the Open
Cirrus listed there WRT insurance.
The damage would not appear to
require a write-off unless vastly
underinsured.

I've got my bid in, as probably do a couple of the hard-core
Cirricians and the usual repair shops. So you needn't worry that it'll
go to waste.

Bob K.

Hi Bob,

Not worried about the waste, more worried willingness to write-off this
damage as a total claim. Either the owner had it grossly underinsured or
got extortive estimates on the repairs. Either result is bad, one for the
owner, the other for my future rates if they handed him a check for $15K or
so.

A nicely complemented German built Cirrus seems to be worth $20K these days.
Granted this is hull only salvage. Unless there's a spar splice, it doesn't
look that bad. Can't tell from the photos if the metal cage is separated
from the glass.

Frank

Old August 15th 03, 06:30 PM
Shaber CJ

The narrative of an accident at Idyllwild, CA was posted in r.a.s. yesterday
Monday. It told of a pilot who lost both wings in trees, but walked away
practically unhurt.

Any details of the accident?