Would ~ 500 planes depress the U.S. used aircraft market?

Old August 24th 05, 04:40 AM
Roger

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:17:31 GMT, George Patterson

I'd like to keep it under $100k and will probably keep it for decades
unless I win the Lotto or lose my medical.

99% of my flying will be two people and small baggage on trips within
about 200 nm, so a 2 place airplane would be suitable.

Unfortunately, I'm not a FAA standard person, so 152s are out.

You might look into a new Maule M-4. They've set it up with just 2 seats for
insurance purposes, but it's got 180 hp and can haul. You might find it a bit
slow, and it's got conventional gear, but it's a nice aircraft. With a
fixed-pitch prop, it's $96K.

How about a nice Debonair in good shape with about 3700 hours?
I'd part with the old Deb for a slightly exorbitant price. Equipment
is a bit dated, but set up for IFR with coupled autopilot (both navs
and DG) and has altitude hold. RNAV, VOR, ADF (King Silver Crown
Stack)

Bout 160 Knot cruise on 14 GPH at 24 X 24 out of a 260HP IO470N and 3
Blade prop. It does not use any measurable amount of oil between 25
hour changes.

It does need new tip tanks. 70 gallons without them. Big,
comfortable, fast, long range, but unforgiving. Insurance would
probably be a bit steep for a low time pilot.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/833R/833R_frame.htm

OTOH a good, but older, 182 has range, load carrying capability,
*Room*, is stable, good instrument platform, and probably has
*relatively* cheap insurance. :-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

http://www.mauleairinc.com/Maule_News/m_4_180v.html

It comes with this standard equipment -
http://www.mauleairinc.com/____Stand...equipment.html

George Patterson

Old August 24th 05, 12:19 PM
Dan Luke

"Roger" wrote:

It does not use any measurable amount of oil between 25
hour changes.

Uh-oh.