New NOOK Simple Touch for XCSoar!

Old November 15th 12, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New NOOK Simple Touch for XCSoar!

Anyone looking at developing an XCSoar on a Nook ST system could look out for this deal on Black Friday.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/blogs/digi...234251773.html

Any news on an XCSoar greyscale version for E-ink readers?

Bob

Old November 21st 12, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
folken

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:42:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Anyone looking at developing an XCSoar on a Nook ST system could look out for this deal on Black Friday.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/blogs/digi...234251773.html

Any news on an XCSoar greyscale version for E-ink readers?

Bob

Rob made a video on how to install everything:

http://youtu.be/7KKTv-rA7Ek
Old November 21st 12, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

Any news on an XCSoar greyscale version for E-ink readers?

Bob

Yes, Rob has put together a greyscale version that shows the terrain
maps. The video mentioned here shows how to
install it in detail. However it is a little funky. Lots of ghosting
of previous screens and finger swipes remain
on the screen. They are rather faint so not much of a problem but it
would be nice if they could fix it.
It is not as bright and crisp as the Nook software is. Maybe it needs
a better screen refresh.

Old November 23rd 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cliff Hilty[_2_]

just passing interest what are you using to feed a GPS signal into the
nook? would I be able to split the GPS out of an EW and or a Garmin
196?

20:52 21 November 2012, soartech wrote:

Any news on an XCSoar greyscale version for E-ink readers?

Bob

Yes, Rob has put together a greyscale version that shows the terrain
maps. The video mentioned here shows how to
install it in detail. However it is a little funky. Lots of ghosting
of previous screens and finger swipes remain
on the screen. They are rather faint so not much of a problem but it
would be nice if they could fix it.
It is not as bright and crisp as the Nook software is. Maybe it needs
a better screen refresh.

CH Ventus B

"If we are all "just dust in the wind", then I want to be at the top of a Huge Dust Devil!"

Old November 26th 12, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On Nov 22, 11:15*pm, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
*just passing interest what are you using to feed a GPS signal into the
nook? would I be able to split the GPS out of an EW and or a Garmin
196?

I don't know what an EW is but any device that outputs standard NEMA
GPS
data on a USB cable will work. I am using a GPS "hockey puck". Cost
only $31.

Using a nook for xcsoar folken Soaring 38 October 21st 12 05:56 PM
GPS for the Out Of Touch brian whatcott Piloting 9 October 15th 09 08:28 AM
Touch Down Maple1 Aviation Photos 1 August 3rd 07 05:12 PM
Touch Down Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 August 3rd 07 04:53 AM
DEN touch n go without a fee? Ron Lee Piloting 22 September 3rd 06 09:57 PM