"Clear Prop!" in Mandarin

Old August 26th 04, 01:52 AM
Darkstar

Default "Clear Prop!" in Mandarin

Any zhongwen speaking ppl over here?
How do you call out "Clear prop!" in Mandarin when you mean "Keep away
from the prop -- I'm starting the engine." Used as a standard phrase
when flying small planes (Cessna, YAK, etc). Don't ask me why I need
this. I do! It's a principle! :-)
Old August 26th 04, 03:13 AM

On 25 Aug 2004 17:52:21 -0700, (Darkstar) wrote:

Don't ask me why I need
this. I do! It's a principle! :-)

Well, I'm askin'!
Old August 26th 04, 07:39 PM
ShawnD2112

It's amazing you remember Mathias Rust's name. I was in high school when he
did his thing and I've never forgotten his name. I so admired the balls of
the whole thing that it made an indelible mark on my mind. I thought I was
the only one!

Shawn
"lance smith" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

. ..
On 25 Aug 2004 17:52:21 -0700,
(Darkstar) wrote:

Don't ask me why I need
this. I do! It's a principle! :-)

Well, I'm askin'!

Me too! You can't post something like that without giving a good
reason : )

Maybe you're planning a world circumnavigate in a C152? Or perhaps a
Mathias Rust in Tiananmen Square? Or even another EP-3 incident? The
possibilies...now I've gotten all curious....

-lance smith

Old August 26th 04, 07:42 PM
Brien K. Meehan

Darkstar wrote:
Don't ask me why I need
this. I do! It's a principle! :-)

My guess is that you have a hot date with someone from Beijing and want
to impress them.

Try the tools at:
http://babelfish.altavista.com
http://www.mandarintools.com

Old August 26th 04, 07:48 PM
Richard Russell

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:39:22 GMT, "ShawnD2112"
wrote:

It's amazing you remember Mathias Rust's name. I was in high school when he
did his thing and I've never forgotten his name. I so admired the balls of
the whole thing that it made an indelible mark on my mind. I thought I was
the only one!

Shawn
"lance smith" wrote in message
. com...
wrote in message

On 25 Aug 2004 17:52:21 -0700,
(Darkstar) wrote:

Don't ask me why I need
this. I do! It's a principle! :-)

Well, I'm askin'!

Me too! You can't post something like that without giving a good
reason : )

Maybe you're planning a world circumnavigate in a C152? Or perhaps a
Mathias Rust in Tiananmen Square? Or even another EP-3 incident? The
possibilies...now I've gotten all curious....

-lance smith

I remember Mathias Rust well enough to know that it was Red Square.
Rich Russell
Old August 26th 04, 08:41 PM
Jon Woellhaf

I asked my son, who speaks Mandarin. He said, "The only thing that comes to
mind immediately would be dzou kai. Which basically means 'get away'."

om...

Old August 26th 04, 11:13 PM
Peter Duniho

"Richard Russell" wrote in message
I remember Mathias Rust well enough to know that it was Red Square.

If you'd read the thread more carefully, you'd see that Lance did not say
that Rust landed in Red Square, but instead was proposing a hypothesis (of
several) for why one would need to know what "clear prop!" is in Mandarin.

His tongue was clearly in-cheek, by the way. In case you also failed to
pick up on that.

Pete

Old August 27th 04, 12:28 AM
Frode Berg

I also remember Rust's name since the landing!

Wonder if they let him taxi and take off from the red square again after
doing his time in jail....

:-)

Frode

"Peter Duniho" skrev i melding
"Richard Russell" wrote in message
I remember Mathias Rust well enough to know that it was Red Square.

If you'd read the thread more carefully, you'd see that Lance did not say
that Rust landed in Red Square, but instead was proposing a hypothesis (of
several) for why one would need to know what "clear prop!" is in Mandarin.

His tongue was clearly in-cheek, by the way. In case you also failed to
pick up on that.

Pete

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 10:18 PM
Ivo Prop on O-320 Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:04 AM
Prop Pitch Question Eugene Wendland Home Built 2 April 25th 04 03:22 AM
IVO props... comments.. Dave S Home Built 16 December 6th 03 11:43 PM
Metal Prop vs. Wood Prop Larry Smith Home Built 21 September 26th 03 07:45 PM