Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 17th 04, 10:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Michael Hofmann" wrote in message

Would you mind explaining how you do an IFR approach without
using navaids?

He was speaking for himself only. Perhaps he doesn't fly IFR.

Old April 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I think it is funny as heck that liberals like to compare JFK's
administration to Camelot. Shows what their real values are.

I think it odd that Democrats call their party the party of Jefferson. If
Jefferson was alive today he'd be vilified by Democrats as a right wing
extremist.

Old April 17th 04, 10:24 PM
Dan Luke

"C J Campbell" wrote:
Seems a number of people have forgotten that liberalism has
abandoned liberal principles.

Yup, and it's distressing to see conservatism in America is doing the
same thing WRT conservative principles.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 17th 04, 10:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

Yup, and it's distressing to see conservatism in America is doing the
same thing WRT conservative principles.

Bingo again.

Old April 17th 04, 10:34 PM
Dan Luke

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
I think it odd that Democrats call their party the party of
Jefferson. If Jefferson was alive today he'd be vilified by
Democrats as a right wing extremist.

He'd also be vilified by Republicans as a godless libertine. Free
thinkers are despised by both parties.

". shake off all the fears and servile prejudices, under which weak
minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to
her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 17th 04, 10:38 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

He'd also be vilified by Republicans as a godless libertine.

Jefferson godless?

Old April 17th 04, 10:46 PM
C J Campbell

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"C J Campbell" wrote:
Seems a number of people have forgotten that liberalism has
abandoned liberal principles.

Yup, and it's distressing to see conservatism in America is doing the
same thing WRT conservative principles.
--

Modern conservatives are not traditional conservatives any more than modern
liberals are traditional liberals. Conservatives today seem to be a motley

I never did figure out how the Democrats, who supported slavery and
generally opposed any form of equal rights, managed to hijack that issue
from the Republicans, who fought to free the slaves, passed the Equal
Housing Act, and enacted many other such reforms. Nor have I figured out how
the Democrats managed to hijack environmentalism from the Teddy Roosevelt
Republicans.

So now you have 'conservatives' running around talking about property rights
and states' rights (originally created to protect slavery) and protecting
large corporations while espousing populist principles. And you have the
'liberals' running around trying to limit free speech and press, disarming
the public, and supporting the worst thugs and despots imaginable in other
countries in the name of 'diversity' and 'tolerance.'

Old April 17th 04, 10:47 PM
C J Campbell

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

He'd also be vilified by Republicans as a godless libertine.

Jefferson godless?

Apparently deists are thought to be godless.

Old April 17th 04, 10:50 PM
MRQB

Wish the government would buy 2 airports near me, 1 airport's runway housing
semi trailers the other is going to be destroyed by a developer that will
only leave 1 airport here that the city owns but for how long who knows?

"Jason Peterson" wrote in message
The local small airport near me was bought by the government to stop it

from
being bought by a home builder. Now tell me that it is the free market at
work there. The land is worth millions, but the government wants to keep

it
an airport. I guess government spending is not so bad after all!!!

Jason

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bill Denton" wrote in message

How much did you pay the FAA last year, other than the same
amount that non-flyers in your tax bracket paid?

Considerably more, as the primary source of FAA funding is user taxes

which
are not paid by non-flyers.