GNS430 Without the IAF

Old February 21st 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default GNS430 Without the IAF

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message ...

"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...
What is?

...The procedure in the tree/thread exactly above my post. Since I was
the person who posted the question in the first place, I thought -what
I wound up doing- might be of interest.

The only thread above yours in my reader was....empty.

I hope you don't write manuals for a living! :~)

Shouldn't blame him for your newsreader's lack of feature.

Old February 21st 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is?

...The procedure in the tree/thread exactly above my post. Since I was
the person who posted the question in the first place, I thought -what
I wound up doing- might be of interest.

The only thread above yours in my reader was....empty.

I hope you don't write manuals for a living! :~)

Shouldn't blame him for your newsreader's lack of feature.

Tell me a newsreader that shows long since deleted posts.

groups.google.com :-)
Old February 21st 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I asked the original question on February 10th. Looks like your
news server is pretty quick on the trigger. Or misconfigured.
News is, in general, pretty brutal on the hardware. I once ran a small
news server on my Linux box - just a few groups. It physically BROKE
THE DISK from overuse.

It's pretty common for news servers to delete posts or threads quickly,
especially on the alt binaries newsgroups.

These days, I just use groups.google.com.

- Jerry Kaidor

Old February 21st 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote:

I asked the original question on February 10th. Looks like your
news server is pretty quick on the trigger. Or misconfigured.
News is, in general, pretty brutal on the hardware. I once ran a small
news server on my Linux box - just a few groups. It physically BROKE
THE DISK from overuse.

It's pretty common for news servers to delete posts or threads quickly,
especially on the alt binaries newsgroups.

Jerry,

I just reloaded all the old articles and your original post is shown correctly threaded here. I'm on the Cox
news server using the Xnews reader.

Mike

Old February 21st 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is?

...The procedure in the tree/thread exactly above my post. Since I
was
the person who posted the question in the first place, I thought -what
I wound up doing- might be of interest.

The only thread above yours in my reader was....empty.

I hope you don't write manuals for a living! :~)

Shouldn't blame him for your newsreader's lack of feature.

Tell me a newsreader that shows long since deleted posts.

I had no problem. I use Mozilla 1.7.12 on Linux, but I've been using
Netscape/Mozilla newsreaders for years and never had any problems
with the threading of the news articles.

How long do you keep posts in your newsreader's cache? Til' a thread runs
out?

No, Clonts just had to stick his foot in it to cover a poster that posts
empty messages.

Old February 21st 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I asked the original question on February 10th. Looks like your
news server is pretty quick on the trigger. Or misconfigured.
News is, in general, pretty brutal on the hardware. I once ran a small
news server on my Linux box - just a few groups. It physically BROKE
THE DISK from overuse.

It's pretty common for news servers to delete posts or threads quickly,
especially on the alt binaries newsgroups.

My ISP holds them for two to four weeks, but I delete all read posts after
reading them.

These days, I just use groups.google.com.

I have better idea....don't make people have to sift to find what you're
talking about, or use email for private threads.

Geez...just a bit of common sense that one would normally pick up in
elementary school (of course, not in the modern day absurdities).

Old February 21st 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is?

...The procedure in the tree/thread exactly above my post. Since I was
the person who posted the question in the first place, I thought -what
I wound up doing- might be of interest.

The only thread above yours in my reader was....empty.

I hope you don't write manuals for a living! :~)

Shouldn't blame him for your newsreader's lack of feature.

Teach him to communicate.

Other than that, BIOYA.

Old February 21st 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Jerry" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is?

...The procedure in the tree/thread exactly above my post. Since I
was
the person who posted the question in the first place, I thought -what
I wound up doing- might be of interest.

The only thread above yours in my reader was....empty.

I hope you don't write manuals for a living! :~)

Shouldn't blame him for your newsreader's lack of feature.
Tell me a newsreader that shows long since deleted posts.

I had no problem. I use Mozilla 1.7.12 on Linux, but I've been using
Netscape/Mozilla newsreaders for years and never had any problems
with the threading of the news articles.

How long do you keep posts in your newsreader's cache? Til' a thread runs
out?

What do I care? Disks are cheap ;-)

No, Clonts just had to stick his foot in it to cover a poster that posts
empty messages.

Empty messages? I didn't see any...

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old February 21st 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On 02/21/06 06:04, Matt Barrow wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I asked the original question on February 10th. Looks like your
news server is pretty quick on the trigger. Or misconfigured.
News is, in general, pretty brutal on the hardware. I once ran a small
news server on my Linux box - just a few groups. It physically BROKE
THE DISK from overuse.

It's pretty common for news servers to delete posts or threads quickly,
especially on the alt binaries newsgroups.

My ISP holds them for two to four weeks, but I delete all read posts after
reading them.

These days, I just use groups.google.com.

I have better idea....don't make people have to sift to find what you're
talking about, or use email for private threads.

Geez...just a bit of common sense that one would normally pick up in
elementary school (of course, not in the modern day absurdities).

You're insulting people that do things differently than you?

I like using a threaded news reader, and don't mind at all when folks
trim 100% of the previous post (because I can easily see it if I want
to). This does not go contrary to common sense in my estimation.

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA