Aero-retrieve WING-RUNNER

Old June 6th 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Aero-retrieve WING-RUNNER

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:18:05 AM UTC-7, Tom Nau wrote:
On May 26, 6:26*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Several pilots have asked me to build them a copy of my WING-RUNNER. It assembles by inserting 2 pins and slips over your wing tip, held in place with good old duct tape (provided). Keeps the wing tip about 6" off the runway/grass/gravel/short weeds! Collapses to 8" X 2" X 2" for easy storage
Put it on the up-wind wing, climb in and hold full stick away from the down wing. The ship will roll straight as an arrow on main, tail and WING-RUNNER. You can't tell its on there (no yaw into the wheel can be noted) E-mail me for photos. $99.95 and I pay the shipping. * * *

I bought one from JJ a few years ago. I have not had to use it yet,
but I carry it with me on every flight. It is very nicely made,
lightweight, and sturdy. It take up little to no room in the cockpit
and fits easily on the storage space behind my head in the glider. I
highly recommend it!
Tom Nau
ASW-28

Same here. Bought one, always carry it with me and used it couple of times successfully. I found it helpful not only for aero retrieves but also for field landing if you need to push your glider a significant distance it is much easier with the wing runner.

Ramy
Old June 6th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
3j[_2_]

At 12:57 06 June 2012, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:26:53 PM UTC-7, JJ Sinclair wrote:
[...]

johnsinclair(sevenfi=

It looks like my Kodak easy-share hasn't been sharing with all.

Here's a
li=
nk for WING-RUNNER photo.

http://www.soaridaho.com/Misc/wing-runner.jpg
Contact me at johnsinclair75(at)yahoo.com

Cheers,
JJ

We have two of them at Ephrata. They work great.

JC

Wing Runner: Responsibilities and Training Walt Connelly Soaring 0 April 14th 11 01:43 PM
JJ's Wing Runner JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 December 15th 07 02:41 PM
aero retrieve bumper Soaring 0 September 3rd 07 07:14 PM
No wing runner? Steve Leonard Soaring 14 August 30th 07 09:39 PM
No wing runner? JJ Sinclair Soaring 9 August 27th 07 11:50 AM