Repo show sillyness

Old December 6th 03, 11:08 PM
Ron Natalie

Default Repo show sillyness

Just watched a show called Repo Men with Vincent (Pussy) Pastore.
They show a repo of an airplane, labelling it as a 1998 172. It's pretty
clearly a '61 or so (swept tail but no rear window).

Old December 6th 03, 11:36 PM
Jim

Was that the one in Alaska? Funniest pre-flight I ever saw if they were
trying to be sneeky... what were there? 4 guys doing it?!
Jim Burns III

. ..

Old December 6th 03, 11:38 PM
mike regish

Guy at work told me about it. Said they waited for the guy to land and after
he walked away they just went up, preflighted, and (according to the guy
that was describing it) put some kind of black box on the ignition (?) and
flew it off. His main shock was that they didn't even get permission to take
off. I had to explain non-towered vs. towered field operations.

mike regish

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
Rats! I meant to tape that. How'd they repo it? I can't imagine that
that guy can fly.

I guess they staged the repo for TV, but I still like to know how they
got it back.

Jeff...

Old December 6th 03, 11:49 PM
Casey Wilson

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
Rats! I meant to tape that. How'd they repo it? I can't imagine that
that guy can fly.

I guess they staged the repo for TV, but I still like to know how they
got it back.

Jeff...

When they did the repo on a Lancair last year, they hired a pilot to fly
it. Took a cameraperson along for the ride. Just about drove the repo boss
crazy when the pilot took his time doing the preflight in broad daylight.
The longer the segment went the more people stood outside the FBO office
watching.

Old December 7th 03, 05:50 AM
Nathan Young

"Rad" wrote in message . com...

I saw that one/ I think it was Glasair III that they repoed...

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
Rats! I meant to tape that. How'd they repo it? I can't imagine that
that guy can fly.

I saw the GIII repo show last year too. I was very irritated by the
show and some of the risks taken to get the plane. For example... I
couldn't figure out why they had to follow him to repo it - why not
repo it from his home airport?

I also kept thinking how incredibly stupid it was for a pilot with no
time in type to get in and fly a completely unknown aircraft,
especially a high-performance experimental.

-Nathan
Old December 7th 03, 02:58 PM
BTIZ

It was locked in his hanger.. they can not break in to anything other than
the vehicle being repo'd

BT

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
om...

. com...

Old December 7th 03, 06:42 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message ...
Rats! I meant to tape that. How'd they repo it? I can't imagine that
that guy can fly.

They appeared to have a set of keys. There wasn't any indication of things
like disassembling the P-lead. They did show a rather typcial preflight.

The last repo show I watched showed a guy repo'ing a lancair or something
similar.

Old December 8th 03, 12:13 AM
Ardna

I also kept thinking how incredibly stupid it was for a pilot with no
time in type to get in and fly a completely unknown aircraft,
especially a high-performance experimental.

I agree, especially after his first approach to land was too fast, he did
not know what to except from that aircraft - shame on him for doing it in
the first place, putting his life on the line for a few $$$'s.

Ardna

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
om...

. com...