Logan Contest Reporting

Old July 27th 11, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Logan Contest Reporting

On Jul 27, 5:32*am, Gary wrote:

So Ron, the section of Frank's report that the management found
objectionable has been pointed out....... but why it was thought to be
unacceptable has not been clearly defined or explained. That would
help us better understand the reason and possibly (or not) agree with
the decision. Personally, I think Frank breathes a lot of fresh air
into contest reports without resorting to "How many words can I write"
tactics.

Gary Adams GA2

Gary - I believe it was explained in this message (in another RAS
thread):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...9bbe41bddb6601

Enjoy,

--Noel

Old July 27th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M North

Censorship is silly.
The idea of Unofficial vs. Official contest reports is silly.
We should be celebrating the wide range of passion, experience,
opinions, flying skills, and writing skills we have in this sport.

Don't remove something just because you disagree with it. Add your
disagreement to the conversation and let everyone read both opinions.

I don't know Frank, but I want to read more from him, not less. And I
don't want to have to go looking in some special place to find his
stories.
Old July 27th 11, 09:58 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hretting View Post
Ken, I took your advice and erase my tactifully humorious reply.

Ron, on behalf of the SSA community, we appreciate all the hard work
that you and your fellow contest volunteers do and wish great days
ahead of you.

"Frank, go put a bucket over your head."

"GOOOOOD Chiken, Love dem bisqits, TOO!"
Romeo, Romeo, hath thou buckled under Romeo?
A humorous reply needith 2B or not 2B erased?
And you suggest Frank puttith a bucket over his head?
for sooth or soothless, nay, nay, sayith it is not true.
Thou kiddith, doth thou not?

Walt
Old July 28th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 7/27/2011 11:00 AM, M North wrote:
Censorship is silly.
The idea of Unofficial vs. Official contest reports is silly.
We should be celebrating the wide range of passion, experience,
opinions, flying skills, and writing skills we have in this sport.

Don't remove something just because you disagree with it. Add your
disagreement to the conversation and let everyone read both opinions.

I don't know Frank, but I want to read more from him, not less. And I
don't want to have to go looking in some special place to find his
stories.

Sorry, I don't think the official contest reports on the SSA site should
be turned into an "open mike". RAS, blogs, and more can fill the wide
range you desire.

email me)
Old July 28th 11, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Horse****.....and to add insult to the whole mess is we have to read,
correction, see the dry chicken maker boring crap on 'SoaringCafe'
after he chase TA away. If RG and TT had a problem with the accuracy
of TA reports and where his take on the flight was, than TA should
have been given the opportunity to reflect this with an updated report
to allow us to follow on with an exciting contest.
These two ruin a fun thing.
I apologize in advance if working with TA was tried and he refused.
Old July 28th 11, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Jul 27, 6:32*am, Gary wrote:
On Jul 26, 5:08*pm, Ron Gleason wrote:

On Jul 26, 12:18*pm, Berry wrote:

In article ,

*Berry wrote:

Good to hear this from Ken. Glad to hear also that the SSA did not
censor the reports. The question is: Who pulled down the previous day
reports from the SSA site?

Oh, never mind. I spoke too soon. Tim Taylor's post in the original
thread clears that up.

Thanks

I personally removed the reports from the SSA Official Contest site
after *ALL* the contest management folks agreed to the action. *We
discussed and understood the risk associated with this action.

Ron Gleason
15 Meter Nationals Scorer and Logan contest ground coordinator etc

So Ron, the section of Frank's report that the management found
objectionable has been pointed out....... but why it was thought to be
unacceptable has not been clearly defined or explained. That would
help us better understand the reason and possibly (or not) agree with
the decision. Personally, I think Frank breathes a lot of fresh air
into contest reports without resorting to "How many words can I write"
tactics.

Gary Adams GA2

I believe that the decision process and reasoning behind the decision
was clearly spelled out by Tim Taylor's post. at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...9bbe41bddb6601

I too enjoy reading Frank's reports however he was not asked nor
designated to be the 'contest reporter' and post on the official SSA
contest site. We have continued to encourage Frank to document his
experiences and let us know where the reports are so we can include
links on the SSA contest site.

Gary and Walt, I am sure we can debate this till our fingers fall off
so I am categorizing this as we can agree to disagree.

One day left of the 15 Meter Nationals, the scores are close and I am
looking forward to seeing the race won in the air today! BTW Frank is
in 2nd place going into the last day!

Ron Gleason

Ron Gleason
Old July 29th 11, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

I don't think the official contest reports on the SSA site should
be turned into an "open mike"....

Agreed.

But I think that, as the editorial authority, Contest Management has
the power to

1. censor
2. edit
3. publish an alternative viewpoint

in reverse order of desirability.

-Pat
Old July 30th 11, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Of course Gleason all of you decide on practice day to tell TA not to
report on the SSA site rather than wait until day 5 or 6 as only one
of lower class would do. Good thing TT gave you his good advice to
avoid the obvious and bring about the possibilities of the Logan staff
appearing.....shallow.
Take a long hard look at the 'results and report' page on the SSA site
boys.
5 maybe 6 days missing from the report side,at the 15M Nationals.
A volunteer .... just trying to do his part. Like the two of you.
Thanks

Frank, you come on down south to Cordele and write all you want, what
you want. How the lightning bolts and thunder made you believe the CD
was crazy. How I got lucky the first two days and lawn darted all the
rest. You take what is and make a story. No boys....down south we
don't censor....we just make more sweet tea.
Old July 30th 11, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

"Ron Gleason" wrote in message
:

I believe that the decision process and reasoning behind the decision
was clearly spelled out by Tim Taylor's post. at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...9bbe41bddb6601

I too enjoy reading Frank's reports however he was not asked nor
designated to be the 'contest reporter' and post on the official SSA
contest site.

Hold on here now!!!! When the Contest Manager asks Frank to be the
'contest reporter' and post his comments on the official site, that
pretty well settles the issue in my mind.

Zero One