I want my SSA

Old September 19th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

Default Moving SSA? Why?

How about Stanton, MN, 30 miles south of Mpls?

Mike Schumann

"Jack" wrote in message
01-- Zero One wrote:

He [SSA CFO] was not from Hobbs.

The point is, SSA needs to be run just a little differently. Part of the
required new character of the organization should be to locate its
necessary physical headquarters in a place that is consistent with both
its responsibilities and its reason for existing.

A center of business, transportation, and soaring should be chosen. No
more hinterland locations, nor a retreat from the need to be able to walk
out the door and fly a glider of an afternoon. A location with a
connection to the development of soaring in the US would be a significant
advantage.

How many alternatives does that leave us? Very few, and none of them are
Hobbs NM.

Jack

Old September 19th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug

Was he from San Quentin?

"01-- Zero One" wrote in message
. ..
He was not from Hobbs.

-- zero one --

"Jack" wrote in message
m:

Eric Greenwell wrote:

Mike Schumann wrote:
If you were looking for a new CFO, how many candidates are there in
Hobbs, or would be interested in relocating there? That's the real
downfall of being in such an obscure location.

I don't know, but I'll bet you haven't researched the job market in
Hobbs, either. Have you done the research for any of the other places
mentioned, like Elmira, Colorado Springs, or Chicago, and determined
what a CFO would cost? It might be easy to find a CFO on Hobbs if we
paid a Chicago salary. Besides, we only need one CFO, so it's not like
we're trying to staff a major corporation, and have to line up 500
applicants to have enough bodies to hire.

Yeah, look how much we saved so far by having a Hobbs CFO.

Jack

Old September 20th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SkySoar

Default I want my SSA

I'd say throw the D.C./MD/Northern VA region into the mix too. It's not
the soaring capitol of the USA, but it is the association capitol of
the world, lots of association-experienced staff are available, and if
you want a lobbying presence on the hill to help protect us from the
bureaucrats, well then...

Bob

Old September 20th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

01-- Zero One wrote:
Nyal,

You might want to check the definition of "libel".

Larry Goddard

Nyal wrote " there are crooks everywhere", which is a true statement
(truth is one of the valid defenses against libel lawsuits).

Tom Seim
2G
Richland, WA