Mystery help required

Old August 2nd 10, 01:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default Mystery help required

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

Cheers and thanks.

Glenn

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chino copy.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	44163
Old August 2nd 10, 01:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Moore

Default Mystery help required - 1 attachment

"Glenn" wrote
I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

I don't think so Glenn. I flew one of the Navy's versions way back in
1959 and in this photo, I don't see the two side intakes for the engine
air.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T2V.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	44164
Old August 2nd 10, 01:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_5_]

"Glenn" wrote in news:4c56b838$0$28643$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Navy T-28.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	44165
Old August 2nd 10, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Fabio

Il 02/08/2010, Mitchell Holman ha detto :
"Glenn" wrote in news:4c56b838$0$28643$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

It is a T-28

ciao
Fabio

Old August 2nd 10, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in news:4c56b838$0$28643$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

Cheers and thanks.

Glenn

T-33,
heres a shot of its predecessor, the P-80, except for the two large holes
in the lower frames, the placement of the airtank against the bulkhead,
and the cutouts for the engine on the rear frame for engine clearance,
appears the same. you can even see the twin air inlets for the engine if
you look close in both photos.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P-80_open.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	44179
Old August 2nd 10, 06:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in news:4c56b838$0$28643$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

Cheers and thanks.

Glenn

Borrowed & snipped Photo
T-33

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-33.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	44180
Old August 3rd 10, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
coffelt2

I took this at Chino, August 2008. I think it's a T-33 from memory.

Anyone able to confirm that

Cheers and thanks.

Glenn

Yup, T-33--- one can see the split air intakes, although it's pretty
dark in the picture. I've served my time kneeling on those stringers and
longerons, those loose cushions and cardboard boxes lying in there serve a
good purpose. (no, not for sleeping when Chief is away!)
Note: the large rectangular opening on the top of the fuselage is also
an engine air inlet. two spring loaded doors are sucked open during high RPM
ground operations when there is insufficient ram air coming through the
fuselage ducts.

(OK, I'm not sure about F-80, F-94 or TO-2/TV-2/T-1A/T2V-1)

Old Chief Lynn

Old August 3rd 10, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
coffelt2

Borrowed & snipped Photo
T-33

You know, the engine sitting behind this aircraft looks much like a Rolls
Royce Nene. I thought I knew everything, but now I'm not so sure. Did any US
T-33's use the Rolls Royce?

Old Chief Lynn

Old August 3rd 10, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay[_2_]

"coffelt2" wrote in
:

Borrowed & snipped Photo
T-33

You know, the engine sitting behind this aircraft looks much like a
Rolls Royce Nene. I thought I knew everything, but now I'm not so
sure. Did any US T-33's use the Rolls Royce?

Old Chief Lynn

May not even be a US T-33, could be a Canadian built, hard to tell with
the serial ,
From what I have read the US used the J-33-A

Nene 10 perhaps ?
I'm not an engine expert , not even a T-33 expert
really not even an expert, at all in anything..

Old August 3rd 10, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
coffelt2

May not even be a US T-33, could be a Canadian built, hard to tell with
the serial ,
From what I have read the US used the J-33-A

Nene 10 perhaps ?
I'm not an engine expert , not even a T-33 expert
really not even an expert, at all in anything..

Don't destroy our image, John, we count on your posts
on a daily basis. Good stuff, all the time!

Old Chief Lynn

What is it? - mystery.jpg (1/1) [27K] Netko Aviation Photos 12 May 29th 10 02:43 PM
IO-540 mystery Paul Tomblin Owning 27 August 31st 07 08:59 PM
ELT Required for all SSA sanctioned contests starting 2006 ELT Required for all SSA sanctione Steve Leonard Soaring 2 September 14th 05 03:49 AM
GPS Mystery tony roberts Owning 5 February 3rd 04 12:54 AM
Halifax mystery Geoffrey Sinclair Military Aviation 0 November 14th 03 02:39 AM