Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

Old October 23rd 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? How's everyone been?
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Old October 23rd 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:

Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? How's everyone been?

Hi Jay. Yea, still check in here occasionally, but it's mostly a ghost town except for the
troll wars. I hope your new venture is doing well. I read recently on POA that you're
selling the Ercoupe. That's a tough decision, but understandable.

Mike
Old October 23rd 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? How's everyone been?
--

I'm still here, mostly just as a lurker like so many others.

In a way, the bad times have come at a good time, at least for me, because I
have been rather busy with other projects.

Unfortunately, the wrong stuff still gets the most response, and the lack of
overall volume just makes the problem worse!

Peter

Old October 23rd 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Hi Mike!

Selling the Ercoupe isn't a tough decision. We bought it (with 2
other partners) so that our kids would have something cheap to fly,
and that mission is now complete. One of the kids never learned to
fly, one is in Afghanistan, and one (my son) is 3rd year Army ROTC at
the University of Iowa, and working at our Iowa City hotel. He hasn't
had time to fly in a year.

As much as I enjoyed flying Sweetie, we've still got Atlas, and that's
more than enough airplane for one family.

PofA is okay, but I miss the old days of rec.aviation. I think I'll
stick around a bit and see if any of the other "old-timers" are still
around!
:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old October 23rd 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Hey Peter,

Sounds like you're not doing any flying nowadays?

(Hey, I know of an Ercoupe for sale....cheap! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old October 23rd 10, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? * How's everyone been?

Hi Jay. Yea, still check in here occasionally, but it's mostly a ghost town except for the
troll wars. *I hope your new venture is doing well. I read recently on POA that you're
selling the Ercoupe. That's a tough decision, but understandable.

Mike

I still check the thread headers from time to time but seldom post
here any more. I'll check in with a fw of the old timers that have
become friends through the years, but the rest of it for me anyway,
isn't my cup of tea.
Dudley
Old October 23rd 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Jay Honeck wrote:
Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? How's everyone been?

I still check in. Have been trying out POA. Was "interesting" to see your
last thread there get closed. I've browsed some of the older posts and
threads and haven't got any clear idea what the admin's criteria is.

(I still think you've been naive in your attitude toward pilots.)

So what happened with the courtesy car?
Old October 23rd 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

On 10/22/2010 6:42 PM, Jay Honeck wrote:
Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? How's everyone been?
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856

It was Spring that I flew down to Corpus to see my kid.
We took a ride onto Mustang, looking near the short strip there, but we
didn't see your hotel jump out at us.
But that was a week or a few before you actually moved in. I hope you
have a sign up these days?

Brian W at Altus SW Okla.
Old October 23rd 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Yeah, yeah -- tell it to the judge... :-)

I've gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in the moderators over there.
I know one of them personally, and one of the others tangentially, and
I never expected them to act the way they did. Cutting off an on-
ongoing thread (for no apparent reason) is no better than having no
moderator at all.

The car is back at the airport. I rode my cycle over there today, on
my way to the post office. The car looks fine. Dunno if it's got any
gas in it.

That's the next pilot's worry! ;-)
--
Jay

--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old October 23rd 10, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Yup, we're further into town, on the same road as the airport. We're
about 2 miles from the airport.

Just look for the big "Harbor Inn" sign! ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX