Anyone heading west from the Seniors? TN to KS transport needed

Old March 13th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Anyone heading west from the Seniors? TN to KS transport needed

Our Rowing Club here in Wichita has purchased a single place rowing
shell in Murfreesboro, TN and are trying to figure out a way to get it
here. Like Sailplanes, rowing shells are oddly shaped and a little
difficult to transport around the country. A cartop rack is included
so if your vehicle has a roof rack it should be able to be attached
pretty easily. The boat is probably about 21 feet long. Oars are
included which are a bit over 9 feet long. I thought maybe someone
from Colorado or other places west had made the trip to the Seniors
and might be headed back home here in a week or so. Or perhaps there
are others who are on the road and might be somewhere close to this
route.
Old March 14th 12, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_2_]

On Mar 13, 12:54*pm, Tony wrote:
Our Rowing Club here in Wichita has purchased a single place rowing
shell in Murfreesboro, TN and are trying to figure out a way to get it
here. *Like Sailplanes, rowing shells are oddly shaped and a little
difficult to transport around the country. *A cartop rack is included
so if your vehicle has a roof rack it should be able to be attached
pretty easily. *The boat is probably about 21 feet long. *Oars are
included which are a bit over 9 feet long. I thought maybe someone
from Colorado or other places west had made the trip to the Seniors
and might be headed back home here in a week or so. *Or perhaps there
are others who are on the road and might be somewhere close to this
route.

Sorry, no help from me. But a glider in tow AND a rowing shell on the
rack - now that's my kind of load :-)

Tim EY (Also Head Coach, Cambridge Crew Dallas, TX)
Old March 14th 12, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Mar 14, 12:16*am, Tim wrote:
On Mar 13, 12:54*pm, Tony wrote:

[...]

If we ever go to a glider contest somewhere with water nearby we'll
have to figure out how to secure Leah's Pocock Cedar Single to the
truck or trailer. Tim you should bring your crew up here to Wichita
for our Frostbite Regatta the first weekend of November.
Old March 14th 12, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_2_]

I brought Susan's Alden Ocean Single back from the East Coast strapped
to the top of my first glider/trailer. I used straps and pads. It
definitely helped with recognition as most of the questions at gas
stations where either: Is that a drop tank? or Is that a seaplane
float? / why is there only one of them? :-)
Old March 14th 12, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Mar 14, 11:26*am, Tim wrote:
I brought Susan's Alden Ocean Single back from the East Coast strapped
to the top of my first glider/trailer. I used straps and pads. It
definitely helped with recognition as most of the questions at gas
stations where either: Is that a drop tank? or Is that a seaplane
float? / why is there only one of them? :-)

The rack for Leah's single stays on the roof of her Subaru most of the
time, including last year at the Region 10 contest. It is always
interesting watching people try to figure out what it is.