Beechcraft made in China

Old July 10th 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Beechcraft made in China

Hawker Beech has been sold to a Chinese aviation company. My guess is that, in
ten years, there won't be anything American about Beech except the name, if
even that is retained.
Old July 10th 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Hawker Beech has been sold to a Chinese aviation company. My guess is that, in
ten years, there won't be anything American about Beech except the name, if
even that is retained.

Given the way aircraft are certified, that isn't very likely unless they
recertify all the existing aircraft, which would be very stupid and the
Chinese are not stupid.

And there is still Hawker Beechcraft Defense Co., which is not effected
by the sale of the GA division.

Beech is no more going to be "Chinese" than Budweiser, Michelob, and
Corona Extra have become Belgian-Brazilian.

Old July 13th 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Barker

It's definitely going to be a problem. This is the same country that allows
what is essentially toxic waste in baby formula. But most conservative
Americans buy the Republican line and won't really care about all the jobs
and companies going over to China until they see their first Chinese-made
car racing in NASCAR. By then it will be too late.

"Carolyn Peters" wrote in message
Airbus builds aircraft in China and will soon do so in the US. Has
certification been an impediment?

Old July 13th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Carolyn Peters wrote:
Airbus builds aircraft in China and will soon do so in the US. Has
certification been an impediment?

Not so far, but you missed the point and Airbus isn't a Chinese company.

Old July 13th 12, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Robert Barker wrote:
It's definitely going to be a problem. This is the same country that
allows what is essentially toxic waste in baby formula. But most
conservative Americans buy the Republican line and won't really care
about all the jobs and companies going over to China until they see
their first Chinese-made car racing in NASCAR. By then it will be too late.

Chinese technology is as good as anywhere else.
From what I've seen of Chinese built aircraft they're as good as any....
Any country in the world has its rogues
Old July 14th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Speaking of technology: many experts think the next footprints on the moon will not only leave the "made in China' imprints in the dust, but will be worn by Chinese astronauts. They are graduating thousands of space scientists and aeronautical engineers every year, and they all all working on state funded programs. A little of that brainpower could improve a general aviation airplane.

Friday, July 13, 2012 4:29:41 PM UTC-4, george wrote:
Robert Barker wrote:
> It's definitely going to be a problem. This is the same country that
> allows what is essentially toxic waste in baby formula. But most
> conservative Americans buy the Republican line and won't really care
> about all the jobs and companies going over to China until they see
> their first Chinese-made car racing in NASCAR. By then it will be too late.

Chinese technology is as good as anywhere else.
From what I've seen of Chinese built aircraft they're as good as any....
Any country in the world has its rogues

Old July 14th 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Carolyn Peters

On 7/13/2012 2:06 PM, Robert Barker wrote:
It's definitely going to be a problem.

Really? What problems have been demonstrated with Airbus planes
produced in China??? Please do elaborate with you knowledge.

This is the same country that
allows what is essentially toxic waste in baby formula.

The whole country? Why don't you point out that the USA FDA last year
admitted that chicken meat sold in USA contains arsenic? Or is arsenic
ok only if it is American arsenic?

But most
conservative Americans buy the Republican line and won't really care
about all the jobs and companies going over to China until they see
their first Chinese-made car racing in NASCAR. By then it will be too
late.

Oh I see. So you have no facts, no information, no analysis. You just
wanted to make a stupid unsupported comment about Republicans. Glad to
see where this newsgroup has gone....

Old July 14th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Barker

Yep. The modern Republicans are attacking education. The dumber they make
us, the less informed they keep us, the more likely we are to vote
Republican. Republicans of 40 years ago would be SCREAMING at what the
current leaders are doing to their party...

Robert Barker wrote:
> It's definitely going to be a problem. This is the same country
that
> allows what is essentially toxic waste in baby formula. But most
> conservative Americans buy the Republican line and won't really
care
> about all the jobs and companies going over to China until they see
> their first Chinese-made car racing in NASCAR. By then it will be
too late.

Chinese technology is as good as anywhere else.
From what I've seen of Chinese built aircraft they're as good as
any....
Any country in the world has its rogues