Cirrus Acquired By Chinese Company

Old March 1st 11, 10:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Mxsmanic

Default Cirrus Acquired By Chinese Company

Gregory writes:

Cirrus Industries Inc., parent company of Cirrus Aircraft acquired by
Chinese company..

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._204192-1.html

Not the least bit surprising, but not good news.
Old March 2nd 11, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Robert Barker

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gregory writes:

Cirrus Industries Inc., parent company of Cirrus Aircraft acquired by
Chinese company..

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._204192-1.html

Not the least bit surprising, but not good news.

The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off my
wish list.

Old March 2nd 11, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Dave Doe

In article , cowboy_bob99
@hotmail.com, Robert Barker says...

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gregory writes:

Cirrus Industries Inc., parent company of Cirrus Aircraft acquired by
Chinese company..

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._204192-1.html

Not the least bit surprising, but not good news.

The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off my
wish list.

Why not?

--
Duncan.
Old March 2nd 11, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Mxsmanic

Robert Barker writes:

The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off my
wish list.

I had some issues with Cirrus even when it was still an American company, so
it was never really on my wish list. It's a company that deliberately markets
its aircraft in a misleading way to naive, low-time, wealthy pilots.
Old March 2nd 11, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_3_]

Am 02.03.2011 03:59, schrieb Robert Barker:
The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off my
wish list.

they (Chinese) also own most of the US debt. What do you wanna do now? :-)

#m
--
"What would I do with 72 virgins? That's not a reward,
that's a punishment. Give me two seasoned whores any day."
Old March 2nd 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Bob Moore

"Robert Barker" wrote
The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off
my wish list.

Not too well informed...eh?

"But Buick, which sold more vehicles in China than it did in the U.S. last
year, faces an uphill battle on its home turf. Its U.S. sales have tumbled
46 percent since 2002. And the slide continues so far this year."

This is a 2007 news article.

Bob Moore

Old March 2nd 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Jim Logajan

Mxsmanic wrote:
I had some issues with Cirrus even when it was still an American
company, so it was never really on my wish list. It's a company that
deliberately markets its aircraft in a misleading way to naive,
low-time, wealthy pilots.

The statistics indicate that the pilots that have accidents in Cirrus
aircraft are generally not low time pilots, so any allegations about the
marketing are irrelevant.
Old March 3rd 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Robert Barker

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gregory writes:

Cirrus Industries Inc., parent company of Cirrus Aircraft acquired by
Chinese company..

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._204192-1.html

Not the least bit surprising, but not good news.

The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off my
wish list.

Why not?

--
Duncan.

Based on the quality of all the other crap that comes from China. Sure, it
will be made in the US... For now. How long till they do like they have
historically done and move everything over there and "refine" the design.

Old March 3rd 11, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Robert Barker

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 153.163...
"Robert Barker" wrote
The Chinese bought part of GM so I don't buy them. Now Cirrus is off
my wish list.

Not too well informed...eh?

"But Buick, which sold more vehicles in China than it did in the U.S. last
year, faces an uphill battle on its home turf. Its U.S. sales have tumbled
46 percent since 2002. And the slide continues so far this year."

This is a 2007 news article.

Bob Moore

2010 article.
http://articles.economictimes.indiat...ations-tim-lee

They only have 1% for now. They don't invent or innovate on their own -
independent thought is discouraged. So they bring foreign companies in, let
them operate for a bit, nationalize them, then become your next competitor.
It's happened over and over and over.

Old March 3rd 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Mxsmanic

Jim Logajan writes:

The statistics indicate that the pilots that have accidents in Cirrus
aircraft are generally not low time pilots, so any allegations about the
marketing are irrelevant.

What is the average number of hours that a Cirrus accident pilot has?