HURRY SPRING HURRY!!

Old January 27th 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

Default HURRY SPRING HURRY!!

Things are getting desperate here on RAS!
Old January 27th 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 26, 7:02*pm, Mike wrote:
Things are getting desperate here on RAS!

I'll bite.
I LOVE MY 2-33.
And my 1-26.
Real men don't do silver badges in glass!
Take That!
UH
Old January 27th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jan 26, 8:50*pm, wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:02*pm, Mike wrote:

Things are getting desperate here on RAS!

I'll bite.
I LOVE MY 2-33.
And my 1-26.
Real men don't do silver badges in glass!
Take That!
UH

and the PW-5 is beautiful (actually I think they're kind of cute in
their own special way)
Old January 27th 12, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Not too desperate here.
Flew XC in thermals 9 days in a row. 2 new-to-me gliders, too.
Jim
Old January 27th 12, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

Hey - I forgot it's winter - where are all the trailer and battery
discussions?

Old January 27th 12, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_37_]

On Jan 26, 8:36*pm, JS wrote:
Not too desperate here.
Flew XC in thermals 9 days in a row. 2 new-to-me gliders, too.
Jim

Yeah, but were you using Power Flarm?
Old January 27th 12, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Jan 26, 9:22 pm, Mike wrote:

Yeah, but were you using Power Flarm?

Only the Mini Oz with either the "Swiss-Bat V3" or the Altair (running
XCSoar) displays.
Used the log from one to upload a flight, as the Cambridge 20 is no
longer valid on OLC.
Jim
Old January 27th 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

In article
,
Tony wrote:

On Jan 26, 8:50*pm, wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:02*pm, Mike wrote:

Things are getting desperate here on RAS!

I'll bite.
I LOVE MY 2-33.
And my 1-26.
Real men don't do silver badges in glass!
Take That!
UH

and the PW-5 is beautiful (actually I think they're kind of cute in
their own special way)

Yeah, I don't understand why the PW is considered ugly. They are not to
my taste, but I don't find them repulsive.

Still a crying shame that the World Class design competition turned out
the way that it did. Some of the design requirements were silly, in
hindsight. Had to be able to be kit built, short wings, fixed gear. Too
bad the process precluded the likes of the LS-4 or even some out of
production ship like the LS-1f, ASW-19, or Glasflugel Hornet.

Now, I know there is a lot of affection for the LS-4. But my pick would
have been the Hornet. Beautiful, roomy, robust structure, easy to
assemble, Glasflugel. What more would one want? Yes, the LS-4 is SO easy
to fly and pleasant, but the handling just feels sort of dead to me. A
Glasflugel ship talks to it's pilot in a thermal. The Hornet and
Mosquito not quite so vociferously as the Libelles, but the Glasflugel
liveliness is still there in those types.

So there you have it, the LS-4 is crap, Glasflugel's rule!

Huh? What's that? My meds? Ah, no, not this morning...
Old January 27th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jan 26, 9:50*pm, wrote:
On Jan 26, 7:02*pm, Mike wrote:

Things are getting desperate here on RAS!

I'll bite.
I LOVE MY 2-33.
And my 1-26.
Real men don't do silver badges in glass!
Take That!
UH

I'll raise you.

I like low passes.

-T8

Old January 27th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

You at Keepit ? Say Hi to the folks for me,
wish I was there...
See ya, Dave "YO electric"
(and sometimes "GO twin-jet")

LS1 Tail locking spring Andrew[_9_] Soaring 7 September 24th 10 02:09 AM
spring trim metrics Brad[_2_] Soaring 2 February 2nd 09 01:48 PM
TOST Tow Spring Pad for Cub [email protected] Soaring 0 January 21st 08 04:08 AM
Where to find spring clips? Dave[_16_] Home Built 2 July 1st 07 07:19 PM
Wishing for an early spring. George William Peter Reinhart Soaring 0 October 3rd 03 07:59 PM