Is "Piloting" really this inactive lately?

Old January 27th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

Default Is "Piloting" really this inactive lately?

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?
DH
Old January 27th 12, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article
,
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?
DH

It has been pretty quiet. Perhaps the trolls rqn a few people off.
Old January 27th 12, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

On Jan 26, 10:12*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,
*Dudley Henriques wrote:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?
DH

It has been pretty quiet. Perhaps the trolls rqn a few people off.

Hi Orval;

I was sort of leaning that way myself :-))

I don't post much on Usenet any longer for that exact reason but I do
keep a shortcut for a few Usenet groups on the desktop to bring them
up once in a while to see what's going on.
I brought up "piloting" and there seemed to actually be a 10 day
period where only a single thread was receiving any action. That
seemed so unusual for this forum based on the traffic it used to
generate I actually thought my reader might be the problem.
Oh well.......at least I found out my reader isn't a problem :-))
Hope all's been well with you down there.
Dudley
Old January 27th 12, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article
,
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?
DH

It has been pretty quiet. Perhaps the trolls rqn a few people off.

Yes; you (as in you all) let the trolls win.

The trolls haven't left USENET, they simply moved to groups with postings
AND where people engage them.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old January 27th 12, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ed

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:46:18 -0800 (PST), Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?
DH

There was a totally off topic thread that went on forever, but very
little relevant traffic on anything except Soaring,
Old January 27th 12, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

On 1/27/2012 6:06 PM, Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?

Yes

Guess who led the group to this state
Old January 27th 12, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gpsman

On Jan 27, 3:05*am, George152 wrote:
On 1/27/2012 6:06 PM, Mxsmanic wrote: Dudley Henriques writes:

Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?

Yes

Guess who led the group to this state

The fish...?
-----

- gpsman
Old January 27th 12, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_3_]

On Jan 27, 3:05*am, George152 wrote:
On 1/27/2012 6:06 PM, Mxsmanic wrote: Dudley Henriques writes:

Rather than post "test" to get an answer let me take the round about
method :-)

My Usenet reader is showing rec.aviation.piloting with very little
posting going on lately; sometimes days on end without a post.
Is this accurate? All the other groups I have set up show normal
posting each day.
Is "piloting" really getting this inactive?

Yes

Guess who led the group to this state

LOL. Well, since nothing has changed, I'll be just passing through.
Have fun :-))
DH
Old January 27th 12, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bug Dout

And aside from the spammers chasing people away...is there anything new
under the sun? If you have sun in the winter. There's little new
happening with certificated aircraft, the action--what there is of
it--is in experimentals. Well, there is the initiative by AOPA and EAA
to sort of extend the Sport Pilot concept to heavier aircraft.
--
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
--Peter Kay