January 2007 pic in SSA calendar

Old January 16th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default January 2007 pic in SSA calendar

Are my eyes playing tricks or is there no wing tape being used on
Ventus 2 "GV", which is quoted as competing in the Sports Class
Nationals. I've heard of circling in sink to mess with the competition
but no wing tape?

Old January 16th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

wrote:
Black wing tape - its cheaper and butt-ugly. No kidding.

George is different! Maybe he prefers the black.

Andy

Old January 16th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Roberts

Hey guys, lighten up!!!
It's much more likely that he ran out of white tape and the black stuff was
either what was still at hand or what was locally available to be purchased.
It's entirely appropriate for a contest pilot to have priorities higher than
the color of the tape!
Ray Roberts
(who has had occasion to fly with gray tape).
Ventus 2cM "Q"

"JS" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Black wing tape - its cheaper and butt-ugly. No kidding.

And we all know that pilots who can afford to spend so much on a glider
have got to save the three cents on wing tape.
What a reputation to keep up.
Jim

Old January 17th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John H. Campbell

When I crewed for Sean Franke some in the mid '90s, he varied the color
of his wing tape like a sports fetish -- "I win with the green tape"...
--JHC

Old January 17th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug

Hey, if the black tape keeps the wings on as well or better than white tape
and you can save a few cents in the process, why not? ;)

"JS" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old January 18th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Doug wrote:
Hey, if the black tape keeps the wings on as well or better than white tape
and you can save a few cents in the process, why not? ;)

Maybe he saves enough on the black tape to afford the glider.
Priorities, priorities.....

Old January 18th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Black/white; doesn't matter. Just don't use red; I
did and had to land in a corn field.

At 02:36 18 January 2007, wrote:

Doug wrote:
Hey, if the black tape keeps the wings on as well
or better than white tape
and you can save a few cents in the process, why not?
;)