Slightly Off Topic - Graphics Card - SeeYou 3D

Old January 25th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Default Slightly Off Topic - Graphics Card - SeeYou 3D

OK, A couple years ago I upgraded to a Dell XPS 400. I thought I was
getting a reasonably good graphics card when I ordered.

RADEON X600 256MB is what is listed under Display adapters.

Under that are two lines
RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory
RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory Secondary

My "old" computer ran the 3D playback of a flight log just fine. My
"new" computer shows "No 3D graphics available"

I sent an e-mail to SeeYou and their response was to reduce the hardware
acceleration. I did so and then the 3D graphics started working, but it
didn't seem like the performance was good.

Anyone more knowledgeable about graphics card settings or new graphics
card recommendations care to offer some suggestions.

I was going to swap graphics cards between the old and new computers,
but the graphics card sockets are different so they are not interchangeable.

Thanks,

Gary
Old January 25th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

My "old" computer ran the 3D playback of a flight log just fine. My
"new" computer shows "No 3D graphics available"

I had the same problem on Seeyou version 2. Version 3 runs fine. Which
are you running.

I sent an e-mail to SeeYou and their response was to reduce the hardware
acceleration.

That seems to be their standard response and it does fix the problem,
but I don't think that crippling your hardware is the right answer. They
claim that it's not their problem. I think that they're wrong.

I did so and then the 3D graphics started working, but it
didn't seem like the performance was good.

It's not.

Tony V.
Old January 25th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug

See if you can get hold of older and newer video drivers for the card. Try
them all and you may get lucky. I had to back out to some slightly older
drivers for my GeForce card to get SeeYou working. The latest drivers
didn't work.

Doug

et...

Old January 25th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Gary
I have experienced the same as you. The old computer worked just fine
in 3D with a version of SeeYou about 5 years old. I then bought a new
fancy Sony Vaio laptop with a good video card and got the same as you
error message that "No 3D graphics availabe". I communicated with
SeeYou and tried everything they suggested - remove the acceleration
feature and 3D worked but so slow as to be useless - got the very
latest drivers for the video card which made no difference. In the end
I subscribed to the very latest version of SeeYou (cost a few bucks)
and everything is now working fine. My guess is that you may have to do
the same. Good luck
Dave

Old January 26th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Gary, I imagine the old software is not optimized for the new drivers.
However the new build is likely to take advantage of them. This is
much the same as how a software build can be optimized toward one
hardware architecture over another. Some game developers will optimize
a game towards Nvidia cards vs ATI or vice versa.

Old January 31st 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ruud

SeeYou 3D also runs excellent on a Intel MacBook Pro!
See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INQUB82Sm0

On 2007-01-25 02:25:38 +0100, Gary Emerson said:

[...]

Graphics card for fs 2004 sam Simulators 8 January 12th 06 11:19 AM
Upgrading Graphics card fo HP Pavillion A420N Harold A. Climer Simulators 1 February 29th 04 05:53 PM
Graphics Card Shiver Simulators 5 January 29th 04 09:05 PM
What Graphics Card david bazley Simulators 3 January 22nd 04 03:12 AM
Best graphics card for FS9 ? George A. Gross Jr Simulators 5 October 13th 03 09:42 AM