Need High-Resolution sailplane image for magazine

Old October 30th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Default Need High-Resolution sailplane image for magazine

I need a high resolution digital image of a Blanik L-23 / ASK-21 / Grob
103 / Duo / DG-1000 or similar, representing a two seat, training
sailplane for a national travel magazine. Sorry, no 2-33's (and let's
not go there.)

The image they have is of a Blanik L-23, a nice photo aloft in a bright
blue sky, but it is not high enough resolution for a large format
feature image for the article. The article is about the mountains of
the Big Bend area of west Texas, so green trees and lakes in the
background are not ideal, although I bet a skillful manipulator of
photoshop could fix that.

They took images here with their own pro photographer - but they didn't
get the right shot of a glider aloft. In late editing, the glider
aspect has grown from a sidebar to be a significant part of the
article, so they need a dynamite photo of a two seat glider. And their
deadline is tomorrow.

It will be a good promotion of soaring everywhere, and credit will be
given to the photographer.

Please respond directly to me by email: burtcompton at aol dot com
or call 800-667-9464 Marfa, Texas, USA

Thanks.

Old October 31st 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Huds

I just sent you two pictures of the Albuquerque Soaring Club's Grob in
flight to your AOL account. I hope you can use one of them. Huds

Old October 31st 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Thanks folks! What a fast response - even from overseas! I wish I
could thank each of you but there were dozens of photos submitted. The
editor of "Pilot Getaways" picked a good one, and so look for an issue
of the magazine around the fancy jet-set FBO's soon.

Again, thanks.

Come visit, and we'll build a library of high rez photos of your
sailplane over the Marfa plateau and the Davis Mountains.

Burt
Marfa, west Texas USA
www.flygliders.com